Chapter 2: A Bad Childhood.

I opened my eyes to see Maya's face, she looked breathless and tired. She laid back as her hands moved away from my head. I was still unsure about if she really was who she said. I still don't have enough information to tell if she is my mother. Even so, could I even forgive her after she abandoned me?

Me:" Are you alright?"

John helped her lay back on the couch as she was catching her breath.

Maya:" I-I'm fine... it happens every time I use my power."

Me:" I am curious to know how your power works."

She inhaled deeply and it seemed to bring her back from her moment of slight exhaustion. She sat up a little bit and looked at me with a smile.

Maya:" I am able to share my memories with others but I can only show as much as I did with you. It takes half of my energy to do it because I also have to use the energy to project my memories to you. I used to be able to show a lot more than I did but it has been a very long time since I have done this so I am rusty."

Me:" Wow. That was very interesting... but still I don't have enough information to truly know that you are my parents. Sorry."

They both looked at each other and quickly smiled. They both turned towards me.

Maya:" That is alright dear. I already knew that it was not enough, but I wanted you to start from the beginning. It will take a while for me to regain my lost energy. But in two hours or so I should be able to show you more. Oh! Before I forget, I forgot to tell you something else about my power..."

Me:" What is it?"

Maya:'' I uh... In order to make room to show you my memories I have to access one of yours."

I paused. At first it hadn't bothered me but then I had realized that there were certain memories I did not want her to see. Like my memories about the androids, my sad days, and my childhood...

I gasped.

Me:" W-what was it that you saw?"

She looked confused by my quick change in reaction.

Maya:" I only saw you and your friend moments. I can access what I want to know or see."

I sighed in relief.

Maya:" Sorry I should have asked about that first."

Me:" Your fine. There are just a couple of things I don't want you to see."

Maya:" Like what?"

Me:" I don't want to talk about that right now..."

From the corner of my eye I saw Magnus look at me with a worried and curious expression. I had almost forgotten that he was here. Wish had also been laying in his lap sleeping peacefully while he pet her head. He opened his mouth to say something but then hesitated. He closed his mouth and turned away, he seemed to be thinking for a moment before he looked back up to me. I knew he was going to mention what I had said later. I questioned for a moment whether I should talk to him about my past after we had been split apart. I quickly decided that he does have a right to know as a friend.

I had never told Angel and Leah about my past and never thought about telling them. I don't know why but I felt that I couldn't tell them, even though they were my closest friends after Magnus and I lost our memories. He was still my best friend but I do not know too much about him anymore. Angel and Leah were like sisters to me, why couldn't I tell them? I had no idea why, but I felt that I could trust Magnus knowing about my dark past.