break up neteyam x reader [angst]

Neteyam and the reader are both 18 here. Pls don't forget to vote. <3

~~~~~~~~

"Neteyam, Where are you?" I said while trying to find him. Me and Neteyam have been dating for 4 months now and I wanted to talk to him about mabye mating. I really love him and I want to take the next step. I just hope he feels the same way.

My overthinking stopped when I heard talking. "Neteyam? Is that you?" I said softly as I went to walk further and looked from behind the tree.

There I saw it, Neteyam with another girl. He was kissing her neck. "What-" I felt my eyes starting to tear up. "Neteyam? What are you doing?" Neteyam looked up. He look shocked. "Y/n, it's not what it looks like." he said to me. "I thought you loved me?" I said while looking to the ground. "Y/n I-" He tried to speak. " I loved you.." I now felt all the tears stream down my face.

"Well at least you don't have to break up anymore. Sorry hun he's mine now." She said while looking up at Neteyam. " I was going to-" He started. " Stop. Don't even try." I said while trying to hold anymore tears back. "I LOVED YOU! You asshole.." I let the tears stream again as I ran away.

"Y/n wait!" He yelled after me. Soon the sounds of his yells stopped. "I guess he stopped trying" I mumbled to myself. "I am not worth the trouble I guess..." I softly said as I leaned against the tree softly letting the tears fall. "Did he ever love me? Was I just so blind. WHY! Why Eywa."

The sun was setting as I walked back to the clan. When I got there I went to my tent and fell asleep.

When I woke up I walked to the clan having breakfast. I looked up. Eyes still red from the crying. I saw the same girl sitting on Neteyam's lap giggling. I felt like I had to puke. So instead of eating I just went and sat next to kiri. "What happened between you and Neteyam?" Kiri asked. "He cheated." I answered quickly. "Hey I don't feel so hungry I am going for a walk." I said while just like last night holding back tears. "Oh want me to come with you? We can talk about it then if you want?" She said sweetly. "No, I just want to be alone for a while." I said as I walked away.

Just as I knew I was far enough away from the people I let the tears fall. "Whyyy!" I sobbed. "I hate my life! He was al I had!! I don't have parents. Pretty much have no friends! WHY EYWA!" I Screamed out in sadness. I laid on the ground crying till night time. Till I heard people screaming my name looking for me. Then I got up and walked away from them.

"Please eywa. Please let me join you. I can't live in misery anymore." I said while still crying. "Y/n..." I turned around to someone saying my name. "Neteyam.."

"Y/n please come back to the clan with me." He softly said. I could see the guilt in his eyes. "NO! I HAVE NO ONE! NO ONE!! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE LIKE THIS!" I screamed out crying. I saw tears in Neteyam's eyes. "Y/n. I didn't mean to hurt you.." He said. "But you did. And you knew you would." I said now getting angry.

In the darkness you could hear growling. Neteyam and me looked around. Trying to locate the animal. But it was to late the Palulukan came out of the shadows at jumped at Neteyam. "NO!!" I screamed as I jumped in front of neteyam and took the hit. Claw marks now covering my chest. Then an arrow shot through the head of the Palulukan. It dropped dead on the ground. "Aahhhhh!" I screamed out in pain. Then neytiri came out of the bushes. "Y/n hold on. Your going to make it." She said. Neteyam just stood there thinking about what happened. " It's okay. I want to go to Eywa now." I mumbled while tears streamed down my face. "Young lady, you are not dying." Neytiri said. I ignored her and looked at Neteyam. " Neteyam." I said. He looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"I love you...

I saw black before my eyes as I said the last word in my life. I love him. I love Neteyam. Even though he didn't love me back. I still died for him. I just wish he would do the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My first ever oneshot. It kind of depressing but I like it that way. I hope you cried sinds that was my goal.
I hope you liked it.

Xx author

800 words (the rest I will try to make longer)