chapter 1.

Nafeesah's pov.

Friday,5:30am.

During the dark and quiet time of the morning, everywhere in our neighborhood was quiet, but I could hear noise coming from our house gate.

  Baaba and my little brother, hammad had already gone to the mosque to pray subhi prayer.

  While me and maama were praying in our living room.
I was done but
   Maama was still praying.

The banging on the door was becoming harder,so I decided to go and see who it was.
If it was baaba he would have opened it with his spare key.

I quickly took my little torch light to go and see what's going on.

   Hearing the voice of the person, I knew It  was our landlord ,Alhaji sallau.

He's the most richest and wicked landlord in our street.
He has no mercy on his tenant.

As I started opening the gate, he kept on insulting thinking it was my father .

  "Tsinanne ,tallakan banza( poor man),open this gate before you hate what I'll do to you."

"Where's that stupid father of yours"he asked me after  he realized it was me that was opening the gate not baaba.

"Haba  Alhaji sallau,ko sallama babu ,kawai ka Kama tsinuwa,Kuma kazo Mana da tsasafe haka ,gari bai gama wayewa ba(Alhaji sallau,you didn't even do Salam,you just started insulting and you came early this morning when its still dark  "maama said from behind.

"Will you shut up,where's that useless husband of yours"

"He w..."maama was about giving him an answer,but  baaba and hammad came back from the mosque.

Baaba instructed all of us to go inside.

After some few minutes baaba came in looking weak with tears on his face.
maama  supported him and sat him down on the chair.

We all knew what Alhaji sallau was here for.

  He was here for his rent bills.

This is not the first time he is doing this.
Some times he will come in and start throwing our things away if our baaba is at his shop.

And this is also the first time my dad was Owing him his bills ,it's just a one month bill for Allah's sake, but he's making it look like baaba has never payed him his  bills ,All this happened because baaba spent alot when I was graduating from the University.
I graduated 2months ago from  the University of Abuja,I studied business administration.
  Since it was my last year at higher institution my dad spent alot not thinking, he was going to pay the rent bills soon.
He was happy I graduated with  first class in business administration.
He lavished alot of money and now his  pocket was empty.

My dad is a furniture maker.
He owns his little shop in the entrance of our street.
And with that he fullfil our wish and provide for us.

I really feel bad any time my dad is been disgraced ,I always feel I was the reason for him been in this mess.
  Hadn't been I did not disturb him about going to Abuja to study ,he would not be broke like this .
I dreamt so high of my self ,now am done with the studies,but there's no hope for job.

.

Saturday 4:30pm.

Me and hammad were arranging the living room,maama was cooking,while baaba was at his shop.
Baaba will be expecting a visitor today.

I forgot to tell you all.
Yesterday Alhaji sallau called baaba to his house and informed him that someone bought our house.

Baaba immediately left and went to Alhaji sallau's house ,since it was across our street.

We thought it was a sad news for us, but it turned the other way round.

He came back with the paper of the house ,he said the person that  bought  the house , bought it in baaba's name.

We were very happy hearing this .

But maama and baaba were scared of why did the  man bought  the house for us.

The man is the visitor baaba will be expecting today.because baaba didn't get to see him Yesterday,and baaba wanted to ask him why he bought the house for us,he told baaba not to worry he will visit him at home.

he called baaba and told him he was going to come over  this evening to see him.
since baaba insisted they meet.

We were done cleaning every where,I went inside to take my bath.

When I came out hammad knocked on my room door to inform me that baaba said I should come and greet his guess.

I quickly dressed up and put on my purple long hijab and found my way to the parlor.

On reaching the parlor,I perceived the pleasant smell of a familiar cologne.
But I didn't mind.

I bent my head, as I fully entered the parlor and  Raised it upon to greet, when I was about greeting him....
Boom💥

What!
How could this be!

"You..."

I cleaned my eyes well to check if it was truly him.

Ya rabb ,It's Mr badman.

Faisal Ibrahim sa'eed.

What is he doing here.

I  just remembered his last words to me in school.

"No matter where you go,when it's  time for me to  take my revenge on you nafeesah ,I will ...., you'll regret messing with me"

Gan gan!

Alhamdulilahi... chapter one down

Hello lovelies!
I hope you liked the starting of the book.

Please support your girl by voting, commenting and sharing.

See you soon.
© Najaatuzubairu