𝖎𝖎☞ 𝘓𝘐𝘓𝘠 𝘖𝘍 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘝𝘈𝘓𝘓𝘌𝘠

II: LILY OF THE VALLEY!

"the lily of the valley flower symbolises joy, love, sincerity, happiness, and luck."

AT LUNCH RACHEL NARROWLY avoided troy and his goons by eating in the girls bathroom for half of her lunch break.

rachel never cried. she wouldn't give them the satisfaction. due to this rachel never let a tear slip, even when she broke her nose because troy pushed her into a wall. thankfully, rachel's parents bought her half-ass excuse, that she fell on her bike. but then her parents made her wear a helmet, the only one they had was a care-bear themed. troy almost jumped for joy when he saw her.

what a joy filled day that was.

rachel looked up when a second party joined her table.

"hey." max said.

"hi." rachel replied, looking down again.

"you're in my science class, right?" she asked, sitting down.

rachel just shrugged her shoulders. she could tell max was trying to make conversation.people have tried to be rachel's friend, they tried to "fix the weirdo of hawkins".

one of two things scared them away.

(A) troy walsh threatening them. or (B) rachel herself.

they would sit with her once and then when she wouldn't respond; they wouldn't come back.

it wasn't that rachel didn't want friends but after the bullying got worse, rachel kept her walls up, building them so high she didn't know how to get over. and she didn't care to know.

she wasn't going to let her defences fall just because someone didn't call her slurs.

max seemed to have taken offence to rachel not taking her friendship bait. she rolled her eyes and started playing with her food. rachel knew artemis would be disappointed with her for not making friends with the girl but rachel couldn't care less.

artemis had always encouraged rachel making more friends other then her, but rachel had great difficulty doing so. she could almost never catch social cues or when she did, she would over-analyse and would be so stuck in her own world, she wouldn't realise the other had stopped talking.
other people thought that rachel thought she was better than them. apparently, max was one of them.

"god, what's wrong with you! why are you just ignoring me? you're so self-centred!" the redhead suddenly shouted, making everyone look at them. max slammed her fists on the table and walked away.

rachel remained stone-faced, as always and left, losing her appetite. she spotted max outside, riding her skateboard. she also spotted "the party". staring, at max.

weird.

rachel seated herself against a wall, closing her eyes. only just to rest them. until she heard that annoying voice getting closer.