☞ 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

0: PROLOGUE!

0: PROLOGUE!

'a prologue or prolog is an opening to a story that establishes the context and gives background details, often some earlier story that ties into the main one, and other miscellaneous information.'

RACHEL LOVED FLOWERS. she adored them, her pride and joy. her best friend, artemis, always said she was a plant whisperer, as she was able to rejuvenate any dying succulent.

flowers were her safe space. they healed her as much as she healed them. just the sight of them could send rachel talking for hours.

rachel's parents were not you're stereotypical parents. they were hippies.

annoying hippies who only had children for accessories and to make them suffer. maybe rachel was exaggerating.

she never had the best relationship with them, as rachel kept herself shut off from the world ever since her eight birthday.

but richard and melissa buckley had never meant to be cold, condescending bastards. they just were.

rachel had convinced herself she would get over her parents never truly loving her. they always forgot birthdays and events.

so, rachel used her flowers as a crutch.

her parents actually supported rachel's obsession, unlike any of the other aspects of rachel's hobbies. they thought flowers were beautiful, and they were always grateful when rachel would gift them petunias for presents, the flower which symbolised deep resentment and anger.

but, rachel didn't hate her parents, no one could actually hate their parents, not fully. rachel just thought they were a bit- odd. for being strange, protesters type hippies, they absolutely hated homosexuals. in every way, which was weird because they were out talking about heart chakras and reiki, but they think it's unnatural for two people of the same gender to love each other?

little did they know, their youngest's first kiss was shared with a girl. and that kiss almost killed her.

but now, rachel would be willing to die, just for a certain redhead.

❥❥❥

avery speaks!

this is so short 😨