Life 05

Two long black cat tails swayed in the crisp night air of kouh as Kuroka laid across a metal support of a half built skyscraper, her kimono barely covering her pale skin as she licked her wrist clean.

"What brings you hear" she spoke softly as she continued to clean herself, from above her dropped Y/n onto the same support the kuroka laid on.

"I need your advice" he looked at her as she paid him no mind

"And why should I help you after you made my sister cry?" She looked up at him, her slits of irises meeting his own circular ones though her tone held no malice.

"You know?" It was far past eight, even past eleven and he wasn't in bed. His usual schedule had been tipped to shreds, sleepless nights had taken over his life.

"Of course I do, I know many things" she say up and dangled her legs off the edge, swaying them slowly as she thought in silence.

"You love her, don't you?" She didn't come across cocky more so genuinely curious. Not over protective of her sisters feelings like she'd expected.

He stayed in silence, also looking over the city of kouh and sitting beside his long friend.

"I don't really know" he finally answered though his words betrayed him as kuroka giggled lightly, a small tear in her eye as she laughed at him.

"You love her" she spelt his feelings out for him, using her sage arts to see how he felt when she spoke about koneko.

And she looked at herself, a small pink fire in her heart much like the one she saw in him, though they were directed at different people.

"And how did you know that?" She smiled at him as he asked her.

"Magic" she pointed to her deep amber eyes and smiled

"I thought I told you after last time to never do that again?" He smiled at kuroka, a rare sight to see.

"Not my fault you have a thing for black haired women" she stretched and faked a yawn before pushing him off of the beam that held them.

as he fell she teleported down to where he would land "kuroka!" He yelled in anger as his stand fully manifested to break his fall. The purple ripple manifesting in front of kuroka for the first time.

"Killer Queen" she whistled, her sage arts allowing her to see the stand in full "it's changed since you were younger, it looks...more mature, more defined" she reached out to touch it, though her hand phased straight through it.

"It doesn't like to be touched" he warned as the stand moved its small mouth as its host spoke.

The stand looked at it's host, it's eyes staring indifferently as it seemed to operate on its own will. It looked at kuroka and back at Y/n before nodding its head and disappearing.

"What...did it do?" She asked curiously, her eyes locking with Y/n's in a wary way.

"It seems to think I am safe, though killer Queen has the ability to communicate and a degree of autonomy it never uses either too often"

"So since it's a manifestation of your soul it wouldn't be far to assume you trust me given its action?" She quickly deduced.

"That...would be correct" he replied plainly though his thoughts drifted.

"Then I'm safe to do this" she stepped up to him without much warning, planting a small kiss on his lips. The kiss was sweet and comforting, the taste of strawberries on his lips as he held her under the pale moonlight. She smiled to herself, the pink flame in her heart burning brighter than before as she felt the warmth of his own pink flame.
___________

Saji wandered the streets of kouh, his devilish eyes helping him navigate the pitch black alleys of kouh. As he walked he had his hand on his hip, ready to draw his sacred gear at a moments notice just like sona had taught him.

And that's when he saw it.

On all his nightly patrols he'd never seen something so out of place, at such a bizarre instance.

A served hand laid on the ground though unlike and others he'd seen this one was burnt to a crisp.

Burnt almost to the atom. The stench of burning flesh still fresh in the air.

"This was recent..."

"It was sloppy" a voice came from the distance, Y/n stood across from saji. Even with his enhanced vision he couldn't see the his peer in the darkness.

"I...beg your pardon?"

"You heard me loud and clear saji, it was sloppy" he slowly walked towards saji, his stand slowly appearing though saji couldn't see it.

"This was you...?" Saji took a step back in shock, his sacred gear failing him as his hands shook in terror. Never had he met a human so confident as to commit a murder and approach the devil so freely.

"Correct" he stopped in his footsteps.

"My name is Y/n kira, I live on the south east side of kouh, by the harbour, I try to live my life as care free as possible and as peaceful as I can" he took two more steps towards Saji "but it would seem my peace and care free living has been disrupted by you devils, what would that make you? Saji genshirou"

Saji was in shock even if he couldn't see the stand he could feel it's menacing presence in the air as it grew thick "I...I don't know..."

"My enemy"

Click
________

Sona sat in her student council office, her eyes resting as her glasses laid on the desk in front of her. The fine dark oak wood shining on the candle light as she sighed "what a bother" she whispered to herself as she looked at the paper work in front of her.

Y/n kiras school papers laid in front of her, he was meant to be her second pawn but he suddenly disappeared after his fight with issei. The schools policy say he should've been expelled by now for lack of attendance but with no parents to report to and no careers to speak to they can't expel him.

Suddenly, in the corner of the room a white light came from the chessboard. Four pawn pieces appearing on the board.

Sonas gaze shifted to one of sadness as she looked at the eight pawn pieces on her desk.

"I see..."