2

~

Donghyuck sat in a field, surrounded by emerald green grass and small daisies. An unusual landscape for his dreams.

"Hey Hyuck, I made this for you." A flower crown dropped onto his lap from behind.

Donghyuck looked down and sneered, "What are we? Five?"

The stranger stepped next to Donghyuck and plopped down, "Does age matter? You can be thirty and still making flower crowns. There's no age limit on it, Hyuck," He smiled, plucking a daisy from the ground.

"Right." Donghyuck looked down and picked up the crown, just fiddling around with the petals.

"Are you gonna try it on?"

Donghyuck scoffed, "This is so corny," He lifted the crown and placed it on his head, "There, happy?"

"Happy?" The stranger laughed, "Very happy, thanks."

"Great," Donghyuck lowered his voice, watching the guy pick more flowers from the ground.

"Everything alright? Lately you've been frustrated?"

"I'm fine," Donghyuck brushed off the stranger.

"Hyuck, I've known you for months now and you never used to smart mouth me. You used to be scared of me for goodness sake," he smiled, "Somethings bothering you, I know."

"Well, my relationship is kinda falling apart. I don't think of him as my boyfriend anymore, he's better off as a friend at this point," Donghyuck decided to let every thing out, this guy isn't even real anyways, "He's been seeing his friend more than I see him."

"Is this really how you feel or are you just acting out based on emotion? Like are you just reacting with little thought about y'know everything or is this something you've thought long and hard about?"

"I think I've had enough time to think about it, I've felt like this for a while now. I think he thinks the same too."

The man nodded, "End it. Don't stay in relationship with someone you don't love, there's always other people other options. They might come faster than you expect."

"I hate that you're comforting," Donghyuck groaned, "I don't think Jeno would ever listen to me the way you do, he always avoids conflict."

"Glad I could help. Hyuck, it's been nice but it's time you wake up."

"Maybe I don't wanna wake up?" Donghyuck frowned, glaring at the other.

"You can't hide from your problems, Hyuck. It's better you overcome them rather than avoid them."

~

Donghyuck parked the car in his reserved staff spot and sighed.

"Do I have to stay as long as you do or can I take the bus home early?" Jeno unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Do what you want. The buses that stop here are all gross and packed, just a warning."

"Whatever I'll just get Mark to pick me up," Jeno exhaled and Donghyuck wanted to smack his head against the wheel at the mention of Mark, "The first time we go out together in like a month and it's to your dad's stupid company."

"A romantic date, I know," Donghyuck unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the car door, placing his keys in his pocket.

"At least it's something?" Jeno also got out the car, cringing at the petrol scented car park. He began walking to the closest entry.