7

H. RENJUN
-

Renjun stepped into his car in silence. Another day of working overtime, and another day of Mr Lee being mad at everything and everyone for no reason. Renjun started his car up, beginning to reverse out of his spot. He didn't care to put any music on, so the repetitive radio it was. Donghyuck invited him to hang at his house, which Renjun didn't want to turn down. Renjun was exhausted the majority of the time after work, but he would do anything to make Donghyuck happy.

The truth was, ever since he laid eyes upon Donghyuck, he crushed on him. When Renjun found out Donghyuck had a boyfriend, he felt stupid for thinking Donghyuck was good looking, he shouldn't be attracted to someone who's in a completely different relationship. Then, Donghyuck broke up with Jeno, and Renjun was happy. Renjun hates himself for that, but he can't help but feel relieved. Like he had a chance. Things only got worse when Donghyuck and him got closer over time. Renjun didn't have a crush on Donghyuck anymore, he was in love. It was ridiculous how fast it happened, but Renjun had never met anyone like Donghyuck before. Donghyuck was so caring and considerate, he was also insanely good looking. It was bound for Renjun to fall in love, if there were a definition for Renjun's type it would be one word, Donghyuck.

Renjun groaned in annoyance and turned the radio off when the third song was another dance pop song. Being stuck in traffic, thinking of Donghyuck, while some shitty excuse of music played was not what Renjun wanted. Renjun hated radio music just as much as he did traffic. Traffic lead to more intrusive thoughts of Donghyuck.

Does he love me too? He said he loves me, but as a friend right? Why does he keep flirting, that has to be a sign! Unless it's all just a big joke to him, it wouldn't be a very funny joke. I don't like unfunny jokes, especially ones that play with my heart.

Renjun was never affectionate, or even bold with his words. He only gave out physical affection to people he really liked, which Donghyuck doesn't know.

Renjun let go of the wheel completely and sank into the car seat, whispering a few curse words to himself in Chinese.

Will Donghyuck be mad that I'm late?

Against the rules, Renjun reached for his bag to pull his phone out, letting Donghyuck know he's stuck in the worst traffic known to man over text.

I'm definitely overthinking, Donghyuck is a saint he'd never get mad at me. I think?

Renjun heard the notification ding, and he never looked back down to check a message faster.

Donghyuck : All good! I'll wait all night for you, bubs~

Renjun cringed and left Donghyuck on read, ignoring the butterflies in his stomach going nuts.

I'm an idiot for Lee Donghyuck.

-

Renjun knocked on Donghyuck's front door, awaiting a response. It didn't take too long for Donghyuck to answer with a wide grin.

"Hey sweetheart," he sang, while Renjun just slid between Donghyuck and the doorframe, marching into his house without a word.

They were close enough to do this, Donghyuck didn't take any offence.

"Was work tough?" Donghyuck skipped behind him, trying to catch up to Renjun.

"Yep, very much so," Renjun grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen and filled it up using the tap.

"You're gross, at least use the filtered tap," Donghyuck sighed, back hugging Renjun.

"I'm an adult, I do what I want," Renjun said with a smartass tone before downing the glass.

"Sure..." Donghyuck groaned without any further comment.

"Do you wanna binge watch another show again?" Renjun placed the glass onto the counter and turned around to face Donghyuck, trying to break free from Donghyuck's gentle grasp.

Donghyuck let his arms fall back to his sides, "Any in particular you had your eye on?"

"Nope," Renjun shrugged.

"Alright, but before we start, I'd like to wash the dishes," Donghyuck pushed past Renjun and started the tap as he spoke.

"You had all that time to do the dishes and you choose now when I'm finally here?" Renjun whined, watching over Donghyuck's right shoulder.

Donghyuck grabbed soap and a sponge, and started to scrub, "I'll be quick, I'll do the dishes half assed."

"Can't wait to get a call from you saying you got food poisoning," Renjun sighed.

"Wow," Donghyuck shook his head dramatically, "I can't believe you would say something like that," He scooped a handful of bubbles off the plate he was washing and flicked it towards Renjun.

"Hey!" Renjun smiled, "You're a dickhead."

"Am I?" Donghyuck put his focus back at the dishes, unaware of Renjun collecting the soap off of him.

"Yep, but so am I," Renjun smeared the bubbles onto Donghyuck's cheek, running away when he saw Donghyuck turn the tap off and grab a spray bottle full of water from the side.

"You won't get away!" Donghyuck yelled, chasing Renjun up the stairs.

"Watch me!" Renjun nearly fell face first over the last step, but thankfully regained his balance and ran towards the bathroom next to Donghyuck's guest room. He hurriedly slammed the door shut and locked it.

"That's cheating!" He heard Donghyuck whine outside.

"Cry about it," Renjun tried to regain his breath, leaning against the wall.

"I will. Open the door please?" Donghyuck knocked on it like a toddler.

"Promise you won't spray me..."

"I won't."

Renjun unlocked the door and slowly opened it, peeking his head out the crack. Donghyuck got a hold of the door and forced it open, he sprayed Renjun multiple times while cornering Renjun between the sink counter and himself.

"Donghyuck my hair is gonna get wet!" Renjun held the bottle away from him, but Donghyuck was stronger than him and sprayed him one more time.

"Too bad, 'cry about it,' sweetheart," Donghyuck placed the bottle down behind Renjun.

Donghyuck looked into Renjun's eyes and sighed, Renjun couldn't help but get a bit pink in the face over the distance.

"Are you gonna let me free?" Renjun chuckled, pushing Donghyuck's arm lightly.

"Should I?"

"You should," Renjun pursed his lips together.

"If you say so..." Donghyuck placed his hand onto Renjun's damp hair and kissed his forehead before backing away and leaving the bathroom.

Renjun froze, holding the same spot on his forehead that was kissed.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?