Morning

It was six in the morning on the 31st of December...  Sixteen more hours till the beginning of a new year in Hyrax Island. 

(P.S. They arrive on Hyrax Island only three or four weeks ago from this chapter. They came here after defeating Captain Gutt like in the movie. I'll just keep the date they moved to this island as the 1st of December.)

Who's gonna wake everyone up this time when everyone is still in their dream world? 

"This generation is full of failures! In my years, we wake up at four in the mornin' and plough the fields with our bare hands! These useless spoilt brats!" 

Yes, the answer is Granny.

"Agh... Granny... Why are you shouting? I'm trying to sleep..." Sleepy Sid says to his noisy Grandma.

"Get up you useless-" She throws her cane right to his face. "OW! THAT HURTS!" Sid screams in pain as he holds his head where the cane fell on.

"Suck it up! It's almost a new year and y'all are still the same!"

"Wait... New year? Oh yeah!!" Sid realises as he quickly jerks up and runs out of his cave as if he was now immune to Granny's beatings.

 New year? Oh yeah!!" Sid realises as he quickly jerks up and runs out of his cave as if he was now immune to Granny's beatings

**************************************

"Mannyyyyy!"

Manny stuffs his ears with grass that was on the floor of his cave.

"Mannnyyyy!! Wake up!"

Manny groans. "Sid! Leave me alone!"

"Manny... Tomorrow's the new year! You shouldn't still be the grumpy wumpy mammoth!"

"What do you expect me to do when you wake me up this early!!" Manny says as he sleepily lifts his head to look at the sloth.

"I expect you to give me a hug."

"Keep dreaming..."