{E L E V E N}

'' the day of conny's "adoption" ''

(Your pov)
Word count: 1311

(this chapter has not been under any editing and was mostly written in the middle of the night, please excuse any grammar errors, typos or spelling mistakes!)
-

(this chapter has not been under any editing and was mostly written in the middle of the night, please excuse any grammar errors, typos or spelling mistakes!)-

me, emma, norman and gilda were all assigned to sweep up the dining rooms floor together.

it didn't take emma long to find little bunny. it was sat in plain sight.

the redhead gasps. "conny forgot her little bunny!"

i pretend to look shocked "wait, seriously?!"

the 11 year old picks up the stuffed toy. "oh no...what should i do?"

gilda ponders. "i'm not sure...i think conny has left already."

"no she's probably still there. i saw the lights at the gate are on from the bathroom window." ray mumbles, resting his towel around his shoulders.

i nod. "since mama isn't back yet either it means conny is most likely still here."

norman hums. "emma, flower. we should go deliver it!"

the girl's eyebrows raise. "norman! are you serious?!"

"i know the right thing to do is wait for mama to send it later, but i think it would make conny happier if we did something sooner than later." he explains, leaning his broom onto the table.

i stare at him softly for a moment. he's such a saint.

i love him so much.

"yeah, c'mon, emma! norman is right." i pat the green eyed girl on the shoulder.

emma grins. "alright! let's go return little bunny to conny!"

"i'll help gilda with the sweeping." ray nods, taking norman's broom.

"thanks, ray!"

i can't believe i'm actually doing this. i'm praying nobody sees that my hands are actually shaking.

the three of us make our way over to the back door, emma rushing over with little bunny in her hands.

she attempts to open the door but it turns out to be locked.

...shoot!