Prologue

Reaper

Reaper flew down into a valley of pain and suffering, his starry wings glimmering in the pale moonlight above. A darkness loomed above and below, and Reaper knew, the future looked grim. A fierce war of fire and ice roared in the future, the Skywings and Sandwings versus the Icewings. He snarled, a Sky/Sand hybrid, scales flaming with fury and hatred with a bloodied crown on his head, snarling to an Icewing prince with a crown, purity shining through it, slightly farther down the line, the fight escalated, a Nightwing and Icewing hybrid joined the mix, the Icewing killing the hybrid and the Skywings and Sandwings bowing to him in gratitude, but back in the corner, a hooded Nightwing snarled.

"Oh. Grim." The Nightwing hissed. Grim was Reaper's nickname.

"Hello, Anger." Reaper addressed Anger. "How's the dragonet sacrificing going?" Reaper asked.

"Oh. That. That ended." Anger hissed.

"Hm... Interesting. Where's your siblings?" Reaper asked.

"Sadness is missing, Joy is being stupid, Pride is also being stupid, Fear is in prison, and Envy is also missing." Anger snarled.

"Hm... I've heard that Sadness went on a mission for Queen Calamity." Reaper said.

"Any visions yet?" Anger asked, curiously, his tail flicking back and forth.

"Oh, yes, actually." Reaper sighed.

"Let me guess. More on this war thing." Anger snarled.

"Yeah." Reaper hissed.

"Tell me more." Anger snarled, holding his obsidian dagger to Reaper's neck.

"Anger?!" Reaper gasped.

"TELL ME! DO WE GET TO SEE THOSE PITIFUL SLIPPERY ICEWINGS FALL?" Anger roared furiously.

"If I tell you what happens, it won't happen!" Reaper hissed.

"Then I'll just change the future." Anger backed Reaper into a corner, obsidian dagger still to his neck.

"Anger, we don't have to fight." Reaper begged.

"Then tell me. Do the Icewings lose?" Anger hissed.

"Fine! They don't." Reaper gasped.

"They WIN?!" Anger roared. "THOSE SLIPPERY ICEWINGS WIN?! UNACCEPTABLE! I WILL MAKE SURE TO MAKE THEM LOSE!" He roared.

No! No! Everything was changing! Another variable, Anger, had to be added, which tipped the scale, if only a tiny little bit. The future was changed, for better or for worse. And there was nothing Reaper could do about it.

"Anger! We can't mess with the future!" Reaper roared.

"Silence!" Anger hissed, slicing Reaper's throat open with the obsidian dagger.

"A-Anger!" Reaper gasped a few times as Anger picked off a few of his scales as all went dark around him. Soon enough, Reaper was dead. Reaper was dead, and the future rested forever changed, at the mercy of Anger.