Chapter 1

Celsius

Celsius flicked his tail angrily. Being an Icewing Prince was hard enough as it is, but being friends with other tribal princes was unacceptable in Icewing standards. He had to keep his friendship with Fahrenheit and Kelvin on the low. He looked around the Icewing Palace.

"Celsius, son, go check on the hatchery." Queen Storm hissed, expectingly.

"Yes, mother..." Celsius tipped his pale blue head, his sky-blue eyes meeting her pale green eyes.

"And better not be hanging out with any Skywing or Nightwing. Get rid of that runt egg. Give it to the Skywings. Let it be their problem." Storm hissed dismissively.

"... Yes, mother." Celsius hissed back.

"Is that ATTITUDE I hear?" Queen Storm snarled, baring her teeth at Prince Celsius. 

"Yes! Maybe it is!" Celsius roared back. "You make me get rid of every egg you find defective. You make me throw them off of cliffs or give them to other tribes! You don't even give them a chance to grow up HERE! Where they belong!"

"Where they belong?! Defective Icewing dragonets have NO place in the Icewing Queendom! We get rid of the defects and make our army stronger! You hear me? You listen to me! You hear me?!" Queen Storm snarled.

"... Fine, I'll give the runt egg away." Celsius sighed.

"Good, we have a Skywing who paid me a good amount of gold for that dragonet." Queen Storm said while cleaning her talons.

"... What's the name?" Celsius asked, fighting his urge to lash out from how screwed up this operation was.

"Hm... I believe the Icewing egg goes to a Skywing and Nightwing hybrid by the name of Sagittarius." Queen Storm said. "Hurry now, we don't have all day." Celsius bowed his head as Queen Storm said this and flew off to the hatchery.

He glided down the icy pillars of the Icewing Kingdom, the territory glistening with snow and ice. His blue and white scales glistening in the snowy background. Ironic how his mother said he shouldn't hang out with Skywings or Nightwings, yet tells him to bring an Icewing egg to a hybrid of Sky and Night.

Celsius hissed to himself under his breath, gliding to the guest room. His glistening wings gracefully flowed in the wind. He landed by the guest room, expecting a normal dragon but gasped to see a firescales standing outside with fire resistant gloves.

"To the moons, please don't be a firescales." Celsius hissed under his breath. He landed next to the dragon. Yeah, it was a firescales. And there were stars on the Skywing's wings. Black stars.

"So, you have the egg, right?" Sagittarius asked, putting on gloves.

"Yeah..?" Celsius said, holding the small Icewing egg.

"Alright." Sagittarius said, taking the egg.

"Take good care of it." Celsius said.

"Don't worry, the Skywing queen wanted the egg for her own personal Icewing soldier." Sagittarius said. Queen Distant wanted an Icewing? Odd request. Celsius thought as he watched Sagittarius fly away with that tiny Icewing egg. 

He had to run away, and he knew he had to. He flew to the old cave used for the old Diamond Trials. He found a spear from that cave, curious, he picked it up. The spear used to freeze Icewing dragonets that came into the cave before him. Maybe he could overthrow his mother... But his mother killed off all her heirs and sisters in fear of being overthrown and he was her only son. Would that mean he became king? If he killed her? He didn't want the responsibility of ruling, especially as a dragonet.

"I could use this..." He muttered, flying away. Only if he had to use it, though. He didn't want to freeze anyone unworthy.

The end was near. Queen Storm will fall. Now all Celsius had to do was to raise a rebellion, but how? Everyone loved Queen Storm! He knew they had been brainwashed into loving her, but how would he show them her plans, her sinister deeds. Icewings hadn't had Animus in centuries, so it'd be hard convincing other dragons to revolt without proof or power.

"I can help you, kid." A gruff voice spoke from behind Celsius.

"Who's there?" He whipped around, pointing his spear at the voice. It was a black-headed and black-bellied Nightwing.

"Ah, spooked young prince. I am Envy of the Nightwings. I believe you have a gift said to be stolen from the Icewings long, long ago." The Nightwing explained.

"What are you talking about?" Celsius snarled.

"Tell that rock over there to float, young Animus." Envy said happily, flicking his tail towards a rock.

"Phahaha- You really believe I'm Animus? Okay, dream big. Rock, I enchant you to float!" Celsius laughed, not expecting the rock to actually float. "Wait, what?"

"You have much to learn, young prince." Envy smiled.

"Teach me everything." Celsius said with great excitement, leaning in.

"Abandon your mother and I will teach you the way of the Animus." Envy grinned wickedly. Celsius looked at Envy, worried. Something was wrong. Envy was up to something. But what? Could he catch him in the act? "Besides, my brother wants you dead." Envy continued.

"What? Why?" Celsius gasped. A Nightwing wanting him dead? What did he ever do to the Nightwings that makes him this infamous?

"My brother, well, he heard a prophecy. And he still hates you Icewings. So, he's trying to kill you himself." Envy explained. "Follow me, and I'll teach you how to control your powers."

Envy started to fly off. Celsius had to accept, not knowing anything better other than going back to his mother and telling her about this sketchy encounter with a Nightwing, so he flew off right behind the Nightwing... what could even go wrong, right..?