Trial

"CAW CAW, 50 DEMONS KILLED, RYU AKAMU REPORT TO MASTER, CAW CAW!"

Ryu smiled creepily at the demon that was slowly disintegrating in front of her.

"May you burn in hell." She bowed and put her hands together before starting the journey back to the butterfly mansion.

A day later she arrived back to bandage herself up.

"Welcome back Ryu-san!" Kiyo, Naho and Sumi ran up and hugged her.

"Née-san!" Akari exclaimed, joining the girls in hugging her.

"Where are Hiro and Kaida?" Ryu asked.

"They're helping Kocho-sama with her medicines!" Kiyo piped up.

"Okay, Anyways guess what!"

"What?" All the girls anticipated.

"I've killed 50 demons!"

Kiyo, Naho and Sumi gasped and ran around excitedly while Akari stared in confusion.

"I'm going to go tell Kocho-sama!" Sumi piped up.

"No! I want to!" Kiyo argued.

"But I want to!" Naho joined in.

"You all can! I'm going to stay here and explain what it means to Akari." Ryu giggled.

The trio all nodded and raced of to Kocho.

With Shinobu

"Hiro can you pass me the aloe, please?"

"Uh which 1's aloe?"

"The jar with the blue cap." She smiled at him.

"Okay!" 

Hiro reached up with his small hands and grabbed the glass jar, carefully putting it on the table beside Kocho.

"Thank you Hiro!"

"Kocho-sama! Kocho-sama!" Kiyo squealed. "Ryu's back from her mission!"

"Lovely! Hiro, Kaida you can go greet her, I'll just finish up here."

"That's not all, Kocho-sama!" Naho bounced.

"Hm? What else?"

"She's killed 50 demons! She's a Hashira like you!" Sumi exclaimed.

Kocho's jaw dropped a fraction.

"That's wonderful! She'll be a great Hashira." She beamed. "Unfortunately we'll have to celebrate later though, I've been sent on a mission with Tomioka-san."

"Aww, well, we'll be waiting for you!" Kiyo promised as Kocho went off, sending them 1 last smile before she left.

A few days passed and Ryu was called to her first Hashira meeting, however the circumstances were less than ideal. All she had been told is that a boy named Tanjiro Kamado was trafficking a demon and Tomioka-san had protected her.

"Will you ever wake up?" One of the Kakushi yelled at the boy.

"No, not if you keep banging his head on the ground." Ryu laughed.

The Kakushi looked slightly embarrassed and let go of the poor boy's head. Slowly the boy began to open his eyes.

"Bummer, I heard he was a demon slayer with a demon in tow, so I was looking forward to seeing someone flamboyant," Uzui said disappointedly. "but that's one drab-looking dude, huh?"

"Don't be rude." Ryu whispered to Tengen while Rengoku's booming voice said

"And now we'll put this boy on trial, I see!"