Chapter 1

The horn of Lothlorien was heard all through the halls of her home. Estelle was sitting in her favorite chair over looking the river. Swans were in the water with their little ones following them. A beautiful sight to see. She continued to read, not minding the horn at all. It was probably Haldir returning from his hunt with the Elven guards. The rise of orc attacks have been heard from different parts of Middle Earth, so Lord Celeborn had assigned Haldir and his elves to do daily routine checks to make sure there was no sign of orc. Estelle was twirling the ring around her finger, the ring Faramir gave her years ago. That ring has never left her finger since he left. It was always with her. The letters have been scarce between them again. Some days, Estelle would have to find ways to distract herself so her mind wouldn't be focused on just Faramir. She visited Rivendell to see Princess Arwen and Lord Elrond. She also got to meet Aragorn, son of Arathorn and the heir of Isildur. He had grown up in Rivendell and had secretly fallen in love with Arwen. He was a born leader and very skilled with a sword and horseback riding. Estelle thought of him as her brother. Between him and Haldir, she had started training with swords and bow and arrow. Shes killed a few orcs when she went on hunts with Haldir. Though Lady Galadriel didn't really approve of her daughter learning these skills, she eventually realized it would be good for Imogen.

It had gotten dark out now, the moon was starting to come out. Estelle put her book down and decided to find Haldir, to see how the scouting went today. She walked down a stairwell heading towards outside where Haldir could be found. When she was almost to the bottom of the stairwell, she saw a group of people, standing in front of her parents. They were unable to see he due to the moonlight staring directly down on them. She walked further down, slowly and gracefully. One of them looked over towards her. He was a short, young boy were piercing blue eyes staring back at her. It was a hobbit, she remembered. She has heard many stories of hobbits and how interesting they were to her. She has never been in the presence of a hobbit. There was more than one hobbit. Another one looked over and his eyes widen. Lady Galadriel noticed and looked over her shoulder and smiled. Galadriel looked back at the eight and said, "Haldir will take you to the gardens where you will rest and eat."

Haldir escorted them to the gardens and showed them where they could rest up. Estelle quietly followed behind them. She wanted to meet them. When Haldir left, she stepped out from behind the trees to show herself. They didn't notice her yet, so she had a chance to see everyone. She saw Aragorn.

"Aragorn." Estelle said.

Aragorn turned to the angelic voice and smiled. "Estelle, honor to see you again." He went over and gave her a hug. She hugged him back. They broke from the hug and turned to everyone else. Aragorn introduced her to the hobbits: Frodo, the one with the piercing blue eyes, Sam, Merry and Pippin. Merry and Pippin's eyes were wide. They have never seen such a more angelic Elven princess before. She was even more beautiful than Arwen. Estelle stepped forward and said hello to the hobbits. They all smiled at her. She then was introduced to Gimli, the dwarf and Legolas, a woodland elf. They were all getting to know one another until another man stepped out form the trees with his sword and horn in his hand. Estelle stopped what she was doing and stared at him. She couldn't believe that this man was standing a few feet from her. He looked up and saw blue eyes staring back at him. His arms dropped to his side. The others were looking back and forth at them trying to understand what was going on.

Estelle took a step forward until she was a few feet in front of him. It was the exact same feeling she was having when Faramir came to her, but it was not Faramir this time. No, it was his brother, Boromir.

"Boromir. Pleasure to see you again." Smiled Estelle.

"It's an honor to see you again, Lady Estelle. It has been many years."

Estelle wanted so badly to ask about Faramir, even Boromir could see it in her eyes that were starting to water, but she didn't think it would appropriate to ask in front of the others.

"You guys know each other?" Aragorn asked.

"Yes, we do. We met many years ago when we were young." Estelle replied turning to look at the others. "We are friends."

A fire was started, and everyone was either sitting around it or lying down preparing for a deep sleep. Estelle and Boromir were across from one another around the fire. Estelle's head was bent down. Boromir kept looking up at her to try and catch her eye. Finally, she looked up and met his eyes. He tilted his head over to the riverbank. He got up and walked over and she followed him. The others didn't bother to look up, though Frodo was a little curious. When no one was looking he quietly walked over and hid behind a tree to eavesdrop.

Boromir had his back turned facing Estelle. He didn't know where to start. He could see that she had been hurting from not seeing Faramir in a while and he had seen it in his brother's eyes too. Their father had made sure that Faramir was kept busy ever since learning that he had went to visit Estelle. Denethor was not happy when he arrived back early to find Faramir not there to greet him. He was sent to Osgiliath as his punishment, to make sure that no orcs would take over the city. Boromir had gone with, seeing as he was captain of the guard there, while Beregond was captain of the guard at Minis Tirith.

"Father found out about his visit here. Because of that, he was sent to Osgiliath as his punishment. He has not stepped foot in Minas Tirith for a while now. A few times yes, but just to give our father an update on what has been going on. There have been a few orc attacks but nothing big. He is doing alright, but I know that he is hurting being separated from you." Boromir turned to Estelle. She had her arms crossed around her body, trying not to let a tear drop. Estelle looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

"It's been years since I last saw him. I wanted so badly to come and visit him, but I was unable to. Especially with the rise of orcs, my parents forbade me from leaving the grounds. The letters became scarce, so I assumed that he was busy. I've sent letters, knowing that he probably wouldn't have time to reply, and I was okay with that." Estelle uncrossed her arms and started twirling the ring on her finger. Boromir saw the ring.

"Faramir gave that to you? I was wondering what happen it it. He never told me." Boromir laugh a little.

"I gave him my necklace. Did you notice that? Is it around his neck?"

"Yes, it is. I asked him who gave him that necklace and he just smiled and blushed." There was a pause before Boromir spoke again.

"Faramir wanted me to tell you, that if I did see you, to tell you that he loves and misses you."

Estelle looked at Boromir, eyes sparkling in the moonlight. "I love and miss him too."

Boromir went to get something from the inside of his tunic. He pulled out a wrinkly, stained envelope. He extended his arm so that the letter is in front of her. Estelle hesitantly took it from his hand. She flipped it over and on the paper was her name in his handwriting. She gasped quietly and held it to her heart.

"He wanted me to give you this as well if we did cross paths. "

"Thank you, Boromir." She took a step forward and hugged him. He hugged her back. They pulled away and Boromir placed his hand on her should and gave it a squeeze and a smile. Then he walked back to where the others were already sleeping. Estelle looked at the letter again. Tears were starting. She couldn't wait to read what he wrote. Hopefully nothing terrible. Her Elven senses pulled her out of her trance. She could hear light breathing. Breathing belonging to a hobbit, but which one.

"You can come out now. I know you are there." Whispered Estelle. She turned and saw the hobbit step out from the tree line. Blue eyes met her blue eyes. Frodo.