Chapter 2

"I'm sorry for eavesdropping my lady. I guess I was just curious abo..."

"About how Boromir and I know one another. It's a long story to be honest." Estelle said, smiling down at the hobbit. She went over to a bench and sat down facing the water. She looks at Frodo and motioned him to sit beside her. Frodo went over and sat down.

"I met Boromir and his brother Faramir when I was young. We were invited to Minas Tirith by Lord Denethor. I took a liking to Faramir. He was such a sweet boy. He had a kind heart. Boromir is more like his father, prideful and arrogant. But nevertheless, Boromir was nice. I stayed in touch with Faramir through letters and we started to have feelings for one another, through just letters. A few years later, he surprised me by coming to see me. Faramir had grown to be a handsome man. He was training to be a soldier. That was the day we shared our first kiss and told one another that we loved each other. That was the best day. Unfortunately, he couldn't stay long, so before he left, we gave each a token to symbolize our love. I gave him a love knot necklace and he gave me this ring. Then he left. I haven't heard from him since and that was a few years ago. So, seeing Boromir surprised me and well, you know how the rest went. If you ever meet Faramir, you will get along so well. He's a selfless and wonderful man. I hope you two meet someday." She looked over to Frodo. Frodo was looking down at the ring on her finger.

"It's a beautiful ring. You kind of have the same love as Aragorn and Arwen."

"Yes, we do." Estelle smiled and looked at the water.

They sat in silence for a little, until Imogen broke the silence.

"So, you're the one that could save us all from the darkness, ring bearer?"

Frodo turned his head to look at her. Estelle was looking at him. She put her hand on his and whispered, "I know you will be able to complete this mission. Trouble may cross your path, but I know that it won't stop you from destroying the ring. We all have faith in you Frodo Baggins.

Frodo gave her a small grin. "It's a heavy burden to be carrying The Ring. I've already gone through so much and it'll get worse as I go on. I am just happy to have this group with me to help me complete this task. We were nine, but now we are eight. We lost Gandalf just before we came here." Frodo had a few tears coming down his cheek. Estelle wiped them with her finger and tilted his head up.

"Gandalf is like a second father to me. He has always been there for me and others. If he really is gone, he is still with you, in here." She pointed to his heart. They sat for a while more until she convinces him to get some rest, since they will be continuing their journey tomorrow. Estelle went to her room and pulled the letter out. She took out the paper from the envelope as she went to go sit on her bed.

My dear Estelle,

I was with Boromir when father told him that Lord Elrond had called a council meeting to discuss something of importance. I told Boromir to give me a few minutes to write you this letter just in case you crossed paths. I hope that you do. I did volunteer to go in Boromir's stead, but Father refused, saying that he did not trust me with this mission. There is so much that I want to tell you but not enough time. Just know that I love and miss you so much Estelle. I never stop thinking about you. Father did find out about my visit years ago and he was not happy that I was still in interacting with you, so he sent me out of Gondor and had me stationed at Osgiliath. I am doing good so far. I am sorry that I have not sent letters back to you. I did get yours and read them when I was alone. I have a good feeling father found some of them, so it's been hard trying to make sure they didn't land in his hands. Unfortunately, I have to end this as Boromir is ready to head out.

Until we meet again love.

Faramir

Estelle held the letter close to her heart, tears falling down her cheeks. There must be some way to go to him. She had overheard her Celeborn and Galadriel about sending her to the undying lands, away from the darkness that was spreading over Middle Earth. There was no way that she would go and leave Faramir. She had made her own choice a long time ago, since she told Faramir how she felt about him. She would somehow go to him and stay by his side for good. At this point, she didn't care about what her parents wanted her to do. She was going to follow her heart. Estelle went over to her window and looked up at the bright moon. Over in Osgiliath, Faramir was looking up at the moon as well, thinking of her.

"Until we meet again." They both whispered. Estelle was twirling her ring and Faramir was holding onto the necklace. Love will conquer all.

Aragorn, Legolas, and Boromir were packing up their gear and getting ready to head out. The hobbits, well mostly Merry and Pippin, were finishing their breakfast. All the elves had come over to bid them farewell. Before they got on the boats that they were given to float down Anduin, Lady Galadriel gave each member of the fellowship a gift. All were given Lembas bread that was a long-lasting meal and provided a day's worth of energy, along with magic cloaks for warmth, coolness and protection from dangers. Aragorn received a new sheath for his sword and a green gem in a silver brooch. Legolas was given a longer, stouter bow. Gimli asked for a strand of Galadriel's hair, a token of good faith between the two races. Boromir, Merry and Pippin were gifted a silver and gold belt. Sam was given elven rope. Lastly, Galadriel gave Frodo a phial, Earendil, the brightest star. A light to use in the dark places. Estelle said her goodbyes. When she got to Boromir, she hugged him tightly and whispered in his ear, "I will pray for your protection on this journey. I hope to see you soon Boromir." She pulled away and gave his shoulder a squeeze and then stepped back to let him get on the boat. Frodo came up from behind her and tapped her shoulder. Estelle turned to look at him and gave him a smile. She put her hand on his shoulder and leaned down towards his ear, "Namárië Frodo Baggins.. Mára valto I pray for guidance and protection for you on this long journey. Until we meet again. "Before she pulled away, Frodo whispered something.

"If I should cross paths with Faramir, I will tell him that you are well and that you miss him." He smiled and pulled away and went to get on the boat. Estelle watched him. She wished she had more time to get to know him, and the others, but it will have to wait. The elves watched as the group paddled down the river until they were out of sight.