Chapter 12

Faramir's eyes started twitching. His fingers were moving. He was finally waking up. His eyes opened all the way. Darkness was all he saw. He raised his arm and looked at his fingers, moving them up and down. He laid his arm down and pushed himself up with his arms so he could sit up. There was light shining through the balcony, moonlight. He looked down at his body. He could see a bandaged wrapped around his torso and shoulder, where he was pierced by the arrows. It was sore still, but not painful. He removed the blanket and moved his legs over the side of the bed. A tunic was hanging from the corner of the bed post. He grabbed it and pulled it over his head gently. He stood up and walked over to the balcony. There was a warm breeze tonight. The moonlight covered all of Minas Tirith. It was silent though. Everyone was asleep. Faramir looked out at the field. It was clear. It looked like nothing had ever happen. He turned around and walked back into the room. The door was opened a cracked. He wondered where Estelle was. Was she really here or was he just dreaming that she was. He walked over to the door, opened it and walk out into the hall. No sign of anyone. He rubbed his shoulder and started down the hall. He passed a couple of guards that were resting. He continued forward. There was someone watching him from behind a wall. That person followed Faramir. Faramir knew he was on the fifth level, the healing level. He walked to an open area, where there was a small garden that was untouched. He went over to sit on the bench. He wanted to find her, but he didn't know where to start. So many levels, she could be on any one of them, if she was here.

"She's sitting under the White Tree." Aragorn said as he stepped out from the dark shadow. Startled, Faramir stood up quickly and turned to the man. At first, he didn't recognize him, but then it came to him.

"Aragorn, it's an honor to see you again."

Aragorn walked over to him, now standing six feet apart. "I'm glad to see that you are up and around. How is your shoulder and side?"

"It is still sore, but nothing painful. I'm assuming that it was her that healed me?"

"Yes. She was the only one that could save you and thankfully she got to you in time. The poison was spreading fast. The dark would have taken over your body."

Faramir gulped. He turned his head to the side and looked out at the fields. "How is she?"

Aragorn smiled. "She is wonderful. She has missed you. Go to her. Now. Estelle will be delighted to see you, Faramir." He put his hand on his shoulder. "You were the only one that she thought of. You were the one that kept her going. And I'm pretty sure you did too. Go." Aragorn stepped back and turned around and disappeared into the shadow of the city. Faramir looked up. He could clearly see the point of the seventh level. He looked in front of him and ran towards the stairway that led up to the Citadel. He was close to seeing her again. He could hardly contain his smile that was on his face as he raced up steps and ran through the streets.

Estelle was sitting by the water fountain, next to the White Tree. The night was peaceful. But she took a glance over at Mordor and she could see the thunder and the shape of the volcano, with fire spewing from the opening. Dark clouds were all around. She could barely see the tower that had the Eye. Sauron's eye, looking for his precious ring. It made her feel uncomfortable. She had a feeling that there was talk of another battle in front of the gates of Mordor. She had overheard Gandalf and Aragorn talking. That must have been the important conversation they had a few days ago. That was what they were planning. To march to the gates of Mordor with whatever men they had left, in hopes of driving the orcs out and destroying Sauron for good. Would she fight? She didn't know. She was back. With Faramir. She couldn't leave him again. Estelle wanted to be here when he woke up. She stood up and walked over to the point of the Citadel. The warm wind blew her hair back behind her, her dress flowing in the wind. She closed her eyes and held her palm open. She concentrated really hard. She opened her eyes and saw a little ball of light dancing around in her hands. She lifted her hand up so the ball of light was in front of her face. She whispered a few words and then blew the ball of light in front of her. It changed into a dozen fireflies, that danced around her before flying towards Mordor. She hoped that this would work. She sent the fireflies to search for the two hobbits, to make sure that they were okay. No one knew she had this kind of power, except for Gandalf and her parents. She didn't even tell Faramir, mostly because she learned she could do these years after they first parted, when he had come to visit her at Lothlorien. Honestly, she didn't even think to do this for Faramir. She put her hand to her forehead and let out a groan. Why didn't she think of this before! She would have been able to see if he was okay. She placed her hand on the wall and watched the light of the fireflies until they had vanished into the dark. Estelle turned around. She felt like she had been gone long enough from his side so she decided that she would head that way. Estelle raised her head up and what she saw next made her stop dead in her tracks. Her mouth opened slightly, raising her hand to cover it. Her blue eyes started to water. A shadow of a man had appeared at the foot of the steps. He looked around, trying to find what he was looking for. His face turned towards her. He walked quickly over and as soon as he stepped out from the shadows he stopped. It was him. Faramir.

Faramir had stopped in his tracks as well. There she stood, in a white dress, her long blonde hair blowing in the wind, the moonlight shining on her. She looked like an angel sent from above. He was breathless. It was a repeat of when he had come to visit her at Lothlorien, only this time, it was at his home, Minas Tirith. He slowly walked towards her, hoping that this wasn't some kind of dream. Estelle did the same. She walked over, her dress dragging in the grass until she met cement. Both of their eyes were on each other. Faramir was able to get a good look at her while they were walking towards one another. She had one a pure white, off the shoulder dress and the gold leaf diadem that she had on at Lothlorien. She looked radiant. Him on the other hand, had on loose tunic and brown trousers. He hasn't had a bath in a long time, so he probably smelled terrible. But he pushed those thoughts beside. They didn't matter, what matter was that she was finally standing in front of him, after years of being apart. All that they had seen and gone through, has led up to the moment. This wonderful moment. They were now standing in front of on another, inches away. Both had tears of happiness in their eyes.

Estelle took a step forward and slowly brought her hand up to his face. She wiped away a tear that was falling from his eye. She then put her hand the side of his face. She smiled. It was real. He brought up his hand and covered hers.

"Estelle." He whispered, smiling down at her.

"Faramir." She looked up at him, a smile on her face. She looked at him closely. He hasn't changed at all. He looked the same as he did years ago. That Dunedain blood. Brown, shoulder length hair and those eyes. Gray eyes that she had fallen in love with since she met him.

Faramir put his other hand on her cheek and wiped away tears. He leaned down and put his forehead to hers, just like he did at her home.

"Meleth Nin." He whispered to her. She lifted her head up to look up at him. Faramir placed his other hand on her face. He caressed her face, and the bent down and kissed her. Estelle slid her hands around his neck and kissed him back. Faramir had removed his hands from her face and wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly. They moved their lips against one another. They finally pulled away and rested their foreheads against each other.

"You have no idea how much I missed you Estelle. I thought about you constantly. Thinking of you has helped me get through every bad thing that has happen. I love you and I don't plan on leaving your side again. I promise." Faramir looked down at their hands. Hers was grasped between his. He saw a silver band on her finger. He moved her hand to the side, and he saw the ring that he gave her back in Lothlorien. He smiled.

She looked up into his eyes, smiling. "It has stayed on the finger since we last parted." She looked to his neck and saw the amethyst in its rightful place. She took her hand and touched the necklace. The moonlight shined down on the necklace, making the crystal shimmer in the light. She looked up at him and grinned at him. "I've never stopped thinking about you either. I tried to get here sooner, but I couldn't. Gandalf wouldn't let me accompany him and Pippin when they came. But I guess it's a good thing. I would have gone crazy watching your father burn you alive. I'm thankful for Pippin for saving your life." She put her hand on his cheek again. "I love you Faramir, and I don't ever plan on leaving you side. Wherever you go, I will follow, Meleth Nin."

Faramir kissed her again. They didn't want this moment to end but unfortunately it would have to. Another battle was being planned. Faramir took Estelle's hand and led her back to the sixth level where his room was. That night, they slept in each other's arms. Faramir had laid awake while Estelle had fallen to sleep. He looked at her. Nothing has changed since he last saw her. She was an angel sent from above. His angel.