Chapter 2

Baadas

I stood in front of the cage in which the princess now resided, staring at her through the bars. So fucking beautiful with her flaxen hair and green eyes I could drown in. My cock was still hard for her. The memory of her moaning into my mouth was still fresh in my mind. I had to quell an urge to squeeze her throat while my tentacle caressed her clit. There was no way I could have controlled myself, so I pulled away and put a spell on her, so she'd return to her sleep.

She'd claimed she didn't want me to touch her, but that was a lie. Her body spoke a language I was able to understand.

Since the day I was forced to live with the curse, I could easily read humans' emotions. She could deny it all she wanted, but Aurora desired me with a ferocity that terrified her. If her soul could talk, she'd beg me to fill every orifice on her body with my cock and tentacles.

I could see the fear in her eyes when I showed her my true nature, but at the same time, her body trembled with yearning for me. The sweet scent of her arousal addled my brain, triggering the beast within me. I longed to consume her, to make her mine in every way possible.

This put a damper on my plans. I arrived at the castle ready to put an end to the soul responsible for this damned curse by slaying everyone inside it—including her. Why did she have to taste like honey and lilies?

I had never felt this way before. I had always taken what I wanted, including the life of many humans. She was rotten like her father and the rest of her family. But instead of doing what I set out to do, I made her my captive.

I felt a pull toward the princess that I couldn't explain. I wanted to protect her, to keep her safe from harm. But at the same time, I had to claim her, to make her mine in every possible fucking way. Her body was my possession to play with.

Yet, I couldn't have both. I couldn't own her and get my revenge. The thought having to choose filled me with rage and frustration. The monster inside me struggled to take control and simply claim what it saw as its own. But I also felt a new emotion, one unfamiliar to me: compassion. Beast and man engaged in a battle for dominance—a war that might either save me or kill me.

I sat down in front of the cage, resting my head on my hand. Closing my eyes, I tried to make sense of the turmoil inside me. The sound of Aurora's soft breaths filled the space, and even that stirred the inner beast.

If the tentacles were out, I'd be suffering even more because right now, no other woman would do. I would claim her, fill her with my seed, own her body and soul. Yet, this posed a real danger and I didn't want to hurt her.

I was no man, but a beast in every sense of the word. An abomination.

The world feared me. Despised me.

I opened my eyes and rested them on her again. I couldn't keep her locked up here forever. I needed to make a decision.

Let her go? Or claim her as mine?

Either way, my life would never be the same again because she was still living and breathing. Those who'd turned me into a monster needed to pay for their sins. They needed to perish—and she was one of them.

I stood to my feet and walked away, my mind in turmoil and my body on fire for her.

I'd fucked many women in the past, peasants and others, but copulating with me had a price. Many did not survive the experience and therefore, they were unable to satisfy me. Aurora was different, I could sense that.

I needed time to think, to figure out if her death could free me from the chains that had enslaved me for so long. Any decision I made might impact the lives of many. My army, those who'd remained loyal to me ...