8

"Is this for real?" Whispered a male, his voice appearing at such a low whisper it was barley audible but in the deafening silence and my attentiveness it almost felt like a noisy ripple rupturing the tranquility.

"Hey man... do you mind telling me what my symbol is and then I can tell you yours" Offered a man, approaching the male in the printed t-shirt with dark hair.

"Okay" He said with a relieved smile, almost instantly looking to the back of the other males collar.

"So the 20 of us need to eliminate eachother until we somehow figure out who the Jack Of Hearts is" Begun the man in the suit, the one beside the girl he'd recently been intimate with. His low voice suited his aura entirely: It was as deep as his brown eyes, as interesting as his clean attire, as debonair as the way he stood against the wall and looked out to the distance rather than the men he addressed. "What makes you think anyone is trustworthy?"

Almost the moment he spoke the two men who were planning to team up had broken apart, the one in the vibrant shirt took a few steps back now overly cautious and anxious.

It took a few seconds until small groups formed on the sidelines through quiet whispers centralising around suggestions to go downstairs and talk, small groups formed almost anxiously especially the moment the larger gangster-like male began to trail around with a smirk on his face.

"I have an idea! How about we get together and make teams to tell each other?" Suggested the woman in the blue dress, the one I suspected in some sense for her comfort was unmissable. The girl seemed overly supportive with the way she spoke as her voice heightened a little in pitch and her smile grew as she looked around in an attempt to flatter those around her and convince them to listen. "So that way, nobody can lie" She said placing her hands together.

The girls hair was complete to perfection and she'd topped herself with accessories and a dress far too beautiful to have been in such an awful land; it was clear she'd taken more care in her appearance than the disaster occurring around her.

"Good idea" A woman said quickly, dressed in a dirtied yellow top anxiously fiddling with her fingers, "Um, would you mind if I joined up with you?"

"Me too" Said a woman firmly with a red blouse and harsh features taking a stand by the girl dressed in blue.

"Excuse me. I'd like to join aswell" Stated an older man, his hair balding and his face rounded, he was smaller in height and he bowed to the girl in blue respectively.

"Sure!" She laughed, moving around almost angelically, as if everything she'd done had to be overdramatic in a beguiling way and I couldn't help but overthink every minuscule detail she'd done and wonder if there was a deeper purpose to her childlike movements. "The more the merrier!"

"Can I join too please?" Asked a girl, walking closer and looking to the current leader of the forming group with hope in her eyes pratically begging for acceptance.

I looked away from the group devising by me, doing my utmost best to make sense of what was left of the individuals in the area. This was a game of deception, betrayal, therefore, I'd understood it was exceptionally important to be evaluative in a way that wasn't overbearing to the point my mind manipulated myself into doubting everyone.

Maybe I wasn't so bad at heart games... Or maybe Chishiya's intelligence had rubbed off on me.

Leaning my body forwards I looked towards the gangster male who'd now pratically pinned a weaker male against the wall; His tall frame loomed over the other man who was smaller in both height and mentality, his anxiousness made him appear a lot smaller in the moment and he was shaking ever so violently under the harsh eyes of the bald man.