13

Urumi banged her fist on the table two times in an attempt to capture everyone's attention and she'd certainly got it the moment she wanted it.

Removing the lollipop from her mouth as she leaned forward Urumi looked mischeviously to those at the table with her, she'd grinned almost excitedly with an idea I knew would bring nothing but negativity. "That girl there-" Urumi began with a voice slathered in sweetness. I turned around from the seat Chishiya and I sat at -beside the table crowded with the girls followers- and stared at the girl in the yellow shirt who had a cup in her shaky hands, her shoulders raised evidently as if she stood and stared at the shelves in hopes peace would cloud her mind and replace her anxiousness. "She wasn't on our side when we tried to get our stories straight earlier"

The girl in yellow was an innocent girl who always found herself sweating and panicking after every new round, she'd always done her best to smile to those around her. I learned her name to be Tokui Meisa, and after overhearing her discussions with those around me I found out she was a car salesman in her real life. She was innocent.

Her innocence didn't just gleam through her dark brown eyes but it became further evident her innocence was true because the picture of her displayed on the board proved her obvious anxiousness with the game upon her entrance. I believed no Joker could fake such a tear jerking perturbation.

No one spoke after Urumi's unexpected troublesome words. Their eyes looked down, their breaths hitched to the throats.

Yet, the group didn't even gasp this time at Urumi's suggestion, as if they were used to her awful suggestion and felt too anxious to have opposed it. Urumi smiled, her eyes glaring at the girl, "Should we kill her? Hm?" And even as she leaned back and returned to her lollipop, no one said a word of refusal.

Everyone sat silently, too afraid to speak up, to my dismay everyone simply let her rule them because they believed she would save their lives despite seeing first hand just what she was capable of doing.

Chishiya evaluated the scene silently too  with his biscuits left on the table, he'd grabbed the same packet and I didn't realise just how interested he was in the simple treats.

"I'm surprised no one's spoken up against her" I muttered quietly, sitting beside Chishiya and looking to the group with furrowed eyebrows.

I couldn't believe not one person wanted to oppose Urumi.

Chishiya hummed softly, offering me a smile, "They'll do anything to save themselves" He stated knowingly, unfortunately stating the harsh truth. In order to save themselves so selfishly those in Urumi's group felt too anxious to oppose the death of an innocent. "You should probably keep your promise with Banda and his friend"

In confusion, I looked towards the shelves noticing the two males stood in the same eerie manner I'd remembered from just last round, the pair was simply staring towards me awaiting my presence.

"Don't get close to Banda, or the other one" Chishiya said, looking to me with a stern expression as if wanting to educate me. "It seems like you're getting too close"

"I'm just withholding a promise" I said simply, offering him a lighthearted smile he hadn't returned because he was clouded in a sense of confusion regarding if he should trust me.

The tables had turned.

I stood, a moments hesitation in my actions to speak with Banda once again, however, I took it because the opportunity to continue surviving with the additional help was an offer I couldn't refuse.