11

He was dead; That nameless gangster-like male had been killed in his solitary confinement and his blood splattered excessively over the walls of his cell.

The game was truly beginning now.

Everyone stared at the screen displaying the players, gossiping about the dim space that used to have the males photo.

Chishiya watched the scene as if the commotion excited him but I only watched Urumi who had her back to the screen with her sparkling eyes staring at the fragile male who had a bruise on his cheek from the harsh punch he endured. He was pale, most likely cold to the touch, still shaking and supporting himself by holding his own hands and looking down, attempting to mentally calm his irregular breathing.

I looked up at the screen, searching the familiar faces until I recognised the weak male: Akifumi Seto.

"Hey" Urumi begun in a soft voice, crossing her arms and turning her head slightly to notify the group she was talking and had to be heard, "That guy must be the Jack" and just like that, all the eyes turned to Seto and the whispering stopped, "He lied to that big bully and killed him. I think we'd better kill him next turn" She announced with a grin on her face, her voice raising in pitch as if to show excitement.

The group all stared at the back of her head, refusing to blink as her words stuck in their minds, churned their stomachs and made them question if they should be responsible for someone's death.

"Huh?" Ippei mumbled, his hands weakly dangling by his side like always.

"Are you saying..." The girl in the yellow shirt begun, walking forwards slowly with an expression overwrought, "We should lie to him?"

Urumi turned around slowly and the other girl took a cowardly step back, "Of course" She said in a disdainful indication it was obvious, "He's definitely the Jack and if not, he's still dangerous" She looked at them as if they were her sheep, a grin on her face as if to reassure them they were doing the right thing, "We should eliminate him while we have the chance"

No one complained, no one refused, no one spoke up and I hated that. Where were their morals? Their individuality?

So I took matters into my own hands because the innocent boy whispering comforting words to reassure his mind wasn't a danger to anyone but himself, "What?" I laughed in surprise, "Are you seriou-"

"Let it go Y/N" Chishiya interrupted in a quiet voice, looking at me with a threatening gaze, "You can't save everyone"

But couldn't I just make an attempt at doing so? Couldn't I at least try to save at least one more life?

I turned to Chishiya immediately, knitting my eyebrows at his lack of care for the innocent. It was unjust and as a witness it felt right to help save someone from death when I still had the chance. "What?" I asked in surprise, "It's not fair" I whispered to only him.

"Life isn't fair" He stated bitterly.

"What were you going to say sunshine?" Urumi asked with a smile, the sort of threatening one that made people silence themselves, but I was so used to threats and near death experiences that a small smile meant nothing to me.

Sunshine? What was that nickname? I came to the realisation she hadn't known anyones name but her own, simply because she was so self assured she'd be the only one to survive therefore learning names was a waste of her time. It felt so belittling to be addressed as a nobody.