A Hectic Day

Aoi didn't know where it went wrong.

Uzui had asked a simple question, and she didn't see a reason not to answer it. So she pointed him to where they kept the ingredients and offered to make them some Ohagi for lunch.

Uzui had said yes, as had Rengoku, and then they went to the guest room to annoy Sanemi for a while.

She had made the Ohagi along with Kanao, the two happy together now that they had made up for their earlier argument.

So they talked, or Aoi talked while Kanao listened, and after they finished the Ohagi, Aoi took it to the guest room. Giving it to Rengoku who thanked her before returning to his fellow hashira so they could eat together.

Then she left them alone for five minutes...

"RENGOKU! GET THE FUCK BACK HERE!"

"UMAI! I CAN NOT HELP MYSELF! UMAI!"

"SHINAZUGAWA, STOP HIM! THOSE WERE GOING TO BE FOR MY WIVES!"

"UMAI! I SHALL BUY THEM MORE LATER! UMAI!"

Now they were running through the estate, a furious Sanemi and a very amused yet pissed-off Uzui chasing Rengoku who seemed to be trying to explain his actions as he stuffed himself with Ohagi.

"UMAI! THE CHEF HAS MY THANKS! UMAI!"

He was not doing a very good job of it.

Oh, Kami...

Aoi's eyes went wide as they chased each other through the halls, the trio bolting into the courtyard as the kakushi stopped and stared. Aoi wished she could do the same if she wasn't responsible for trying to find a way to keep the Butterfly Estate intact from a hashira-level chase.

If a fight breaks out it'll destroy the building...

Aoi couldn't let that happen, so despite her sense of self-preservation, she had to try and get them to stop chasing each other. Halted in her endeavors as a soft hand grabbed her shoulder, looking behind her to see Kanao giving her a shake of her head, "It's not possible..."

They're too fast...

Kanao could see them move with her eyes, but she knew her body would never be able to keep up. They were moving at speeds that she still had to train for a long time to grasp because they were hashira and she wasn't.

One day though...

One day she wanted to become one, a dream she knew Aoi shared, which was why she wanted to stop Aoi from intervening.

Aoi couldn't become a hashira if she got run over by the current ones.

So she held Aoi's annoyed glare, feeling relieved as Aoi sighed before looking back at the chase that was only getting faster. The forms she was barely able to see before now were simple blurs streaking across her vision, every dash followed by a gust of wind due to how fast they were moving.

I hope Shinobu-sama doesn't see-

'Creak'

Never mind...

Aoi gulped as she saw the front gate open, Shinobu and Giyuu walking in before pausing, taking in the scene with wide eyes. The two were stunned to silence as they watched the chase continue, only stopping as Rengoku appeared before Giyuu with a smile on his face and Ohagi in his hands.

"Umai! Tomioka! I was just asking about you! Would you like some-"

Rengoku's voice was cut off as a scarred white blur crashed into him, the two rolling around and wrestling for the remaining food as Uzui appeared next to the new arrivals with a laugh, "Ha! We finally caught him. Hey Kocho-san, if it's not too much trouble could you get your little minions to make some more Ohagi? I want to take some home to my wives."