Chapter 3

Winterkit looked at Autumnkit, they were both about four moons old now and they took up a lot of the Nursery! Everyone was squished. Winterkit walked out of the Nursery, squeezing through. She looked at the twinkling stars that danced around Silverpelt and smiled at her ancestors. Looking back down to adventure around camp. She hopped up onto a rock and looked around, the camp felt so different at night! Now that Winterkit was close to apprenticeship, she felt much taller. Jumping off the rock she gave a random hop of glee, looking around and giving a flick of her tail, she could eat from the fresh-kill pile soon! When she was five moons, like Dappledpaw and Tansypaw those three moons ago! She looked at the three Crimsonkit, Swiftkit and Spikekit  sleeping in the Nursery. They were one moon now, they could play games now! She smiled, then turned to see Owlfeather setting out Moonrise patrols. She saw Finchshade's patrol that contained Owlfeather themself, then Dahliaheart's patrol that contained of Mudsight and Hallowedpaw. Who she assumed must be getting a night session from other warriors that aren't his mentor. She said goodbye and good luck then went back to her nest and fell asleep.

Winterkit woke up and travelled out of the Nursery, her eyes scanning the clearing as she looked down and saw her fur beneath her eyes, she sat down, embarrassed and started to lick her chest and fur to smooth it all down. Winterkit saw Tansypaw and Dappledpaw sharing a frog together, they were six moons, lucky. Winterkit herself was only four moons, her tail swished in envy, she couldn't wait to be Leader one day and take care of the whole clan. Plumflower approached Tansypaw, her hairless pelt cold beneath the wind. She started mewing some inaudible mews to Tansypaw and Dappledpaw got up onto his feet and yowled loud enough for Winterkit to hear. "Can I come?" He shouted, his eyes lit up in excitement. Winterkit saw Plumflower smile and respond, Winterkit turned and ducked into the Nursery.

Winterkit awoke to see Sunup. She must've slept in for awhile because the Dawn patrol just came back, she saw Tempestpaw and Soulstar leave the camp, must be a training session. She looked over at Crimsonkit, Spikekit and Swiftkit, who were talking to eachother in small words but happy ones. She hopped on over to them. "Hey, wanna play clan?" She kept her words short so they'd understand. The three kits nodded. She smiled and then turned to Autumnkit. "Hey! Come play clan! Dappledpaw! Tansypaw to! Let's play clan!" The other three kits raced over to them, looking at the younger kits all with different expressions.

Dappledpaw whispered to Winterkit. "Do we have to play with them? They're not smart enough to play clan."

Winterkit nudged him. "It'll be fine! They can learn from it." She then turned to Glazesight and Foxfire. "Can Spikekit, Crimsonkit and Swiftkit play with us!? Dappledpaw and Tansypaw can supervise them!"
Dappledpaw stared at her with her jaw wide open.

Tansypaw purred and closed his mouth, giggling as he huffed angrily at Winterkit.

Winterkit looked at him and shrugged in a 'sorry' then turned back as Foxfire responded. "Fine with me! What about your little Swiftkit, Glazesight?"

Glazesight mewed. "It's all good." She started to wash her paw.

Winterkit turned. "Right! Then it's settled then. I call dibs on leader!"

Dappledpaw huffed. "Awww! Then I call dibs on the stinking deputy." He opened his mouth and pointed at his tongue with an unsheathed claw.

Tansypaw purred. "I want to be a warrior!" She jumped.

Autumnkit nodded. "Me too!" He mewed.

Crimsonkit quickly responded. "Me three!"

Swiftkit batted him. "No me!"

Spikekit hissed. "Me five!"

She watched Autumnkit let out a little laugh. Winterkit, using her tiny claws, scratched his face to make sure he wouldn't make the kits upset. Autumnkit gave a frown, tracing his paw around his face to make sure he wasn't bleeding. Winterkit sighed. "Then who will be medicine cat!?" She looked around.