Chapter 5: Torture

Alex's P.O.V.

 Severus's arms were still wrapped around me. His chest was gently rising and falling. He had dozed off a while ago. Now I was just enjoying being in his arms again. I can't believe I had betrayed him. The overwhelming sense of guilt was unbearable. I had made him a promise and broke it. I had threatened to ill him... I hated myself for what I put him through. Suddenly Severus woke with a start and grabbed his arm. "Sev? What's wrong?!"

 "He's calling."

 "No...Merlin no... I just got you back..."

 "Listen to me. I am going to be fine, but I have to go. Now. I love you." He gave me a quick kiss and puled his clothes on.

 "I love you too. Come back to me please."

 "Always, my love." As he said that, he quickly apparated. He would be okay. Tom wouldn't kill him. He couldn't. Minutes passed. I paced in my room after pulling on my pajamas. Why a meeting in the middle of the night. What was the urgency? I heard my floo blaze up. That was quick. I ran into the living room.

 "S-" I began to say his name, but he wasn't there. Instead Amicus and Alecto stood in my fire place with wicked grins.

 "Expecting someone else?" Was all I heard before a spell shot by Alecto sent me into darkness.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Is she awake yet?"

 "Not yet, my Lord. It will be soon."

 "Lets give her some motivation shall we? Crucio." My eyes shot open as every inch of my body felt as if it were on fire. My muscles contracted. I let out a blood curdling scream. "Ah, glad you could join us, dear." I  heard a small chuckle as the curse ended, but the pain stayed. I looked up into the eyes of the creature himself. Tom. "We meet at last."

 "Oh..yeah? So you don't count...all those times you were in my bloody head?" I shot at him through the pain.

 "That was not a formal meeting."

 "Rather rude actually, can't say the crucio was any better." Looking around I observed I was sitting in a chair in the back of a large room. The was a huge table full of familiar faces. All Death Eaters. My eyes scanned over the people until I came to Severus's. I needed to sell this. "You bastard!" I yelled and jumped up from the chair heading in Sev's direction. Tom flicked his wrist and I was sent flying into the wall. I felt ribs crack as I fell to the ground and wicked cackles erupted through the room. I picked myself up off the ground and glared at Tom.

 "You, have a mouth on you Alexandra. I would advise you to remain quiet." Tom hissed.

 "So why am I here? Gonna kill me? Torture me? Question me? Get it over with will you? I don't much care for the atmosphere here. Too many maniacs to suit me."

 "Crucio!" The pain hit quickly, but I wouldn't scream. I fell to the ground again and tried to breathe. "Crucio!" The pain intensified. He kept it up for a long time. I couldn't tell how long, but it seemed like forever. Blood poured from my nose and made a puddle on the floor. I felt as if I may pass out. The curse once again stopped. The pain... never ending. "Now, you will be quiet! You will show me respect!" I glanced up at him and let out a choked laugh.

 "In your...fucking dreams." Tom took a deep breath and starred me down.

 "Bella, Amicus, Alecto, come here." The three walked over quickly.

 "Yes, my Lord?" Bellatrix said eagerly.

 "Our young friend needs to learn her lesson. Will you three be so kind?"