Interlude-4

(Hey hey hey chucklenuts! Here is the fourth interlude. Oh yeah please give my boi Shirou a break will ya? I know some of you guys don't like him. Anyway, I'm currently in a dilemma about who shall be the surprise SCP, but I think I found it. I won't be directly working for the next chapter, I'll take a little break first. Any how, enjoy the Interlude.)

Artoria walked through the empty lighted up hallways, it felt like she's been walking for hours.

When she turned left, Saber finally found the person she's been looking for. "Shirou, what are you doing here?"

The redhead blinked before giving her a smile. "Oh, nothing really. Just wanted to be alone, that's all."

"Are you ok, Shirou?" Saber asked with worry. "You've been quiet during the viewing."

He frowned. "There is nothing that you should be worry about, really."

"No, I deserve to know." Saber crossed her arms.

Shirou let out a sigh. "Well... It's just that, whatever I want to say during that viewing never manage to get out." He looked down.

"What is it that makes you quiet?" She asked.

"Before the viewing, the librarian lectured me about my ideals and all. I can argue with him there but somehow, I could not manage to utter something during the previous viewing." The redhead clenched his fists.

"Shirou... You don't need to worry about what he said. After all, you're you. Don't let his words get stuck in your mind." Saber hugged him.

"I guess you're right..." Shirou hugs back.

"Let's go to the cafetaria. I'm getting hungry." Shirou smiled. At the mention of food, Saber's ahoge twitched.

"I'm hungry too. Why don't you cook something for me?" Saber asked.

"Alright, but make sure to not get too greedy, or else the others won't have their share."

After they are now out of sight. The shadow figure walked out from his hiding spot, glancing at where the Master and Servant was before. "I hope the others could prevent you from being suicidal."

The librarian makes his way into the darkness. "Because what is currently happening in your world... Is not to be underestimated."

"You guys had been quiet during the viewing. Why's that?" Waver asked the Chaldeans.

"I mean, we fought giant dragons and regenerating demons. I guess we aren't that impressed anymore?" Ritsuka scratched the back of his head.

"Watching the SCPs is interesting, I do get a lot of insight from all the viewings." Da Vinci shrugged.

"Is fighting anomalies something normal for you Chaldeans?" Reines asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Technically, yes. But our opponents most of the time aren't anomalies, few of them could be considered a phantasmal beasts." Romani answered.

"Oh? Could you describe your journeys during your time in Chaldea?" Lord El-Melloi II inquired.

The Chaldeans looked at each other, as if contemplating whether they should tell them or not.

Da Vinci let out a sigh, before turning her eyes to the Clock Towers representatives. "There are many classified informations, so we'll explain the basics first. Is that okay?"

Reines frowned. "Why most of them are classified anyway?"

"Because... Um... Our operation details was supposed to be secret." Mash answered.

Reines glanced at Waver, as if asking for his decision. The latter sighed. "Fine by us, tell us about the basics first."

"So... You're a counter guardian?" Irisviel asked the red bowman.

"Yes." EMIYA simply answered.

After a long uncomfortable silence, Irisviel decided to break the ice. "Being a counter guardian must have been a hard work huh?"

"Yes."

"..."

Damn it! This person seems like he doesn't want her to be anywhere near him. But that doesn't mean that she would just give up on him.

"What's it like to be a part of the counter force?" She asked.

"It sucks, this is the only thing I regretted in my entire life." EMIYA hissed.

"So... Why do you become one in the first place?"

"That's a lot of question in a short time span. Are you interrogating me or something?" The red bowman raised an eyebrow.

"Fuh... I want to have a conversation with you." Irisviel pouted.

"You can just talk about anything other than my job, you know?" Emiya sighed.

Irisviel brightened up at that. "Good idea! How about we watch movies together?"

"Don't you have anything else better to do?"

"The others is currently busy." She simply replied.

"How about Illya?" Emiya asked.

"She's been toying with Kiri's guns." She stated as if that is not something that they should be worrying about.

"... What about Shirou?" He asked, the distaste in saying that name is clearly visible.

"In the kitchen."

"Kiritsugu?"

"The man is probably worrying about Illya's well being, or probably wandering around somewhere else."

The red bowman grumbled before accepting her offer. "Fine, but this better be worth my time. What are we going to watch anyway?"

"Hehe, you'll see~" Irisviel winked at the counter guardian who only grumbled in response when she dragged him away.

Kiritsugu stood from afar, he could only watch his beloved wife take another person to mess with her antics. Turning around, he decided to not deal with her shenanigans for now.

But the counter guardian gave him a weird feeling, as if he missed something and the answer is locked behind the red bowman himself.

The alarm rings, meaning that it's time to get back in the theatre. The casts returns back to their seats as the screen started to light up for their next viewing.

(AN: There, I think it's a bit shorter than many other Interludes that I've written, but I don't think Interlude should always be long at least for me. Because the next SCP supposed to be scary, could possibly be traumatic, it means I might take a long time in writing their reactions for the SCP. Reading the SCP for myself give me quite the scare, but I like it, don't take me for a masochist though.

Next Update: Next Week.

Good night!)