Chapter 31

Ophely sat at her desk, working on her school work, having put that a bit aside during the concert tours the boys had. And also to take her mind off of the fact that on the coming Monday, the twelfth, she would be starting school in Korea. It was less than three days away. And she was scared.

Scared to be so unfamiliar with everything, that she would say things badly, not understand what was told to her, that she wasn't going to be able to follow everything. Or that she would be lacking in some areas.

Overall, Ophely was currently working herself dry so she wouldn't even think about her future Korean school. And the stress that would follow.

So she currently sat at her desk, that she had moved away from the bedroom and into the living room. The boys needed the rest that they were currently getting. The last three months had been more than hectic for them.

"What are you doing?" A voice pulled her out of her zone. She turned around to see Seungkwan behind her, looking over her shoulder towards the screen of her laptop.

"Looking back to the online classes I missed because of Jeonghan." She explained, clicking on her screen to show the videos that he had recorded after they had swapped. I had forgotten about them, you see." She laughed a little at the boy, pulling out a chair beside her for him to sit down. "I was revising for a test and realised that I hadn't seen some of the stuff." The eldest of the two took his seat, laughing along with her. He understood how that could be, since he too had missed lessons as a student couldn't remember learning about certain stuff.

He sat beside her while she worked, sleeping on the desk with his head between his arms. That was until he heard her laughing quietly. Looking up he saw her looking at the video of herself as she typed in the chat, but very badly.

"That's Jeonghan?" He asked, curious as to what was actually happening.

"Yeah." She rewinded the video a little, showing him where he started the recording, all the while looking incredibly lost. "Look." She told him, taking out her ear buds from the laptop and turning the screen towards him.

He watched as Jeonghan, as Ophely, looked around the room, before looking intensely down at the keyboard and typing very loudly and in a very saccaded way. Seungkwan looked down at the keyboard, wanting to know what was so hard for him to type with, just to realise that it was an Azerty, with all of the accents and everything slightly off place. He just laughed at his elder's demise. Continuing to watch his friend struggling, Seungkwan didn't bother understanding what the woman was talking about. It was in French and his knowledge of that language didn't go beyond the 'Bonjour' et 'Je t'aime', which just meant he understood nothing. He was pulled out of his languid rest as the girl's phone started vibrating.

Ophely paused the recording on her laptop, put her pen down and looked at the screen. It was Flora.

"I have to take this." She told the boy beside her as she stood up and made her way to the balcony, grabbing her jacket on the way.

"Allo." She called out as she passed her hands through the armholes, pulling the coat on her and opening the sliding balcony door. "Flora?"

"Ophely!" Her friend's joyous voice called out from the other side. "Tu m'a tellement manqué, ça fait longtemps que tu ne m'as pas appelé." She continued saying. "Comment ça va?" ("Ophely" "I missed you so much, it has been a long time since you called me." "How are you doing?")

"I'm doing good."

"En français s'il te plait." Flora commented, realising that her friend's brain was not thinking in the wrong language. "Pas de coréen." (In French, please." "Not Korean.")