|| CHAPTER TWO ||

NAT'S POV

Nat: "Any updates Tony?"

Tony: "Not yet, it's been rather quiet since the last sighting."

Jarvis: "Security Breach Detected"

Everybody looked up at Tony.

Tony: "Never-mind. Jarvis, where has the breach been detected." He asked the AI.

"The lobby sir." Jarvis spoke.

Everybody suited up and ran down to the lobby area.
Walking in, we immediately saw a person in a dark red suit, similar to mine, fighting the security. Unfortunately their suit had a mask which was covering up every part of their face apart from their eyes.

We stood out of sight for a couple minutes to analyse what we were up against. That was until I recognised the fighting.

"Yelena.." I spoke quietly.

"Yeah?" She responded, looking at me.

"Do you have any of those antidotes left by any chance?"

"Only one, why?" She asked me.

"It's a widow."

Yelena stared at me in shock before scurrying off back up the stairs, most likely to get the antidote I mentioned.

"You guys go upstairs, leave this one to me and Yelena", I said to the other Avengers.

"Nat, we can't just let you fight alone." Steve said to me, clearly confused.

"Their a widow, having all these people fighting them will cause more chaos. Plus, once Yelena comes back with the antidote. We won't have to do much fighting apart from getting the mask off. Please, trust me, Lena and me have this one handled."

After a bit of hesitation, they finally listened and backed off.

I waited a couple more minutes till Yelena finally came back.

"I have the antidote. Let's do this." She spoke a little too loud causing the Widow to turn around quickly, looking in our direction.

I backed quickly behind the wall, holding my gun in hand with widow bites attached to both my wrists as I noticed her very slowly walking over to where we were, also with a gun in her hand.

I noticed in the corner that the security cameras were flashing green, indicating that the team was watching from upstairs.

Whispering as quiet as I could, I spoke to Yelena.

"As soon as the mask is off, break the vial, okay?"

She nodded in response.

"On my count. One.... Two..... THREE!"

We both jumped out sliding over and fighting the widow. Most of the time, they were aiming for me making it clear that I was the target.

They were very skilled, they were able to mimic pretty much any off our movements and turn them back on us.

We needed a distraction.

I gestured to Yelena to distract them to the other side of the lobby. Which is exactly what she did, giving me a couple minutes.

"Jarvis, Tell Stark to send down one of his suits to the outside window of the lobby. We need it to distract them." I whispered.

"On it." Jarvis whispered back.

When I turned round, The widow had Yelena pinned on the floor.

"Get off me you piece of shit!" Yelena yelled, kicking at the widow who did not move a muscle.

A second later, the suit appeared outside the window. Immediately getting the Widows attention. They walked over to the window, holding their gun low as if they were trying to analyse it.

This gave me and Lena a chance to strike. I snuck up behind them, looking around their suit for a button or anything that would remove the mask.

Then I saw it, A small digital pad on their right wrist. I nodded to Yelena and she quickly ran behind and grabbed the Widows arms, throwing their gun to one of the last security guards.

I ran over pressing the pad, knowing that we only had a couple seconds before the widow got loose for her grip.

In seconds of pressing the pad, the mask sprung off and we were met face to face with the girl we had been looking for all these years. Tears immediately formed in my eyes as I stared at her.

Forgetting she was still under the spell of the brainwash, she suddenly charged towards me, kicking my feet backwards. I landed on the floor with a thud.

"YELENA DO IT!" I yelled.

Before she had the chance to turn around, Yelena smashed it right above her so that the powder went onto her skin.

"y/n... it's me, Nat." I stood up, very cautiously walking up to her.

She quickly looked up at me with tears in her eyes, backing away.

I stopped immediately, putting my weapons away and my hands in front of me.

"I'm not gonna hurt you y/n, your safe." I spoke gently.

She still stared at me in fear.

"Get away from me. Your a monster!" She screamed at me, clearly annoyed by something.

"Y-you left me there." She then whispered, her voice breaking in every word as she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth trying to stop her tears from falling.

Yelena slowly walked over to her causing her to flinch and back away more.

"Hey, hey it's ok, it's only me. Can I come closer?" Lena asked her.

She shook her head quickly.

"Ok, that's fine, just let us talk to you though, yeah?"

Y/n paused for a moment before nodding.

"It wasn't like that, it wasn't like that at all. We searched for you every single day. Dreykov kept moving locations and it became harder and harder to track you down. But I promise you, we did everything in our power to try and find you, no matter the risk." Yelena's words caused tears to form in my eyes too, remembering all the times we had thought we found the red room but were just brought a old abandoned warehouse.

"Promise?" Y/n mumbled.

"Pinky swear." Yelena replied. Pinkie swear is what we used to call promises when we were little.

Y/n smiled a little before slowly walking over to Lena and pulling her into a massive, tight hug.

I stood there, admiring how well Yelena handled the situation, causing me to zone out for a minute.

"Natty." Y/n spoke quietly, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at her,
"Yeah?.." I replied just as quiet.

"I'm sorry." She said, pulling me into a tight hug as well.

"It's ok моя сестра" I replied, letting the tears fall as I hugged her back.

A/n: I think this has become my new favourite story I'm writing, it's coming along really well!

Word count: 1090

The Red Widowजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें