Chapter 1

-harry-

I sat up in my bed, head pounding. I listened to the faint snores of my dormmates and started begging merlin to take away this headache. I opened the curtains of my four-poster to look out the window. It was still dark out but I had no hope of getting back to sleep. I slid my feet into my slippers and made my way out of the dorm. "Oh hey Harry" Hermione smiled from in front of the fire. "What are you doing up 'Mione?" I asked, groggily. "Couldn't sleep, you?" I shrugged "I woke up with a killer headache." I saw a pang of fear on her face for a moment. "Did you have a nightmare?" I shook my head to say no and went to join her on the sofa in front of the fire. I let the warmth envelop me for a moment before I looked over to the books next to her. Of course she was revising. I looked back up to her and met her eyes, still traces of worry lingering in her expression. "I'm fine, really." I reassured her. Hermione's gaze softened and she nodded.

------

First lesson of the day was potions, and after my lack of sleep last night, I was not ready to deal with Snape and Malfoy. I scanned the room to find three open seats, and oh goody there were three right behind Malfoy and his lot. I groaned internally and sat in front of the Blonde. I tried to focus on the lesson, we were covering the uses and effects of unicorn horn, but as I was trying to write notes I could feel two piercing grey eyes boring into my skull. It was almost as if he were willing my skull to open and my brain to melt. I shot my head around and glared back. A smug smirk spread across his lips. I found myself looking longer than necessary and whipped my head back to the front of the class. I barely noticed the chuckle behind me.

Me, Ron and Hermione went to leave the class before Snape stopped us all. "I forgot to mention, you all have an assignment" He drawled, "you have randomly assigned partners, you need to produce one potion using unicorn horn and an essay on the potion you chose. One thousand words, due in two weeks." I groaned and turned back. "Please come to the front to receive your partners." I shrugged at my friends, willing Merlin to be merciful and give me one of them. Merlin was not merciful. I stared at my scrap of paper that said his name. Draco fucking Malfoy. Fucking fantastic. I searched the room for the blonde and found him already staring at me, a scrap of paper grasped between his fingers as his knuckles turned white. He strutted over to me, annoyance apparent on his face. "Potter." He nodded. "Malfoy" He chewed the inside of his lip, trying to hold his tongue. "Meet me in the library after dinner." I sighed out a "Fine." before I turned on my heel and joined Ron and Hermione.

------

-draco-

I sat myself in a quiet corner of the library, my potions books and notes on unicorn horn piled up next to me with my quill and ink sat neatly atop the pile. Soon enough, Harry slumped down opposite to me in the booth. "Embarrassed to be seen with me, Malfoy?" He questioned with a hint of sarcasm clear in his tone. "It's just easier to focus here, Potter." I retorted, harsher than intended. He just shrugged "Whatever, let's just get this over with." I opened my book and started explaining the potions we could do, referencing my notes on occasion to explain certain properties. "Merlin, did you not pay any  attention?" He stared blankly. "Well it would've been easier if you weren't trying your hardest to explode my head with your mind." That made me laugh. Out loud. Harry Potter made ME laugh. Dear Merlin, what is wrong with me?

------

We both got so engrossed with our work that we barely noticed the time. We arranged to meet again tomorrow at lunch to get ingredients and begin brewing. Luckily Snape had a spare classroom that we could work in undisturbed. We bid eachother farewell and went on our way, cautiously avoiding teachers as we were out well past curfew. 

I made it back to the Slytherin dungeon and slumped next to Blaise Zabini. He has been one of my best friends since childhood, our mothers set up playdates with eachother so that we weren't totally socially inept, given the fact we were homeschooled. He grinned at me and wordlessly offered me some Bertie Bott's. I grimaced at the first bean I put in my mouth, I couldn't figure out the flavour but I hated it. "So who have you been saddled with for potions?" He piped up. "Potter, how about you?" He patted me on the shoulder. "Tragic. Looks like we got a full set though, I got Weasley and Pansy got the mudblood." I chuckled. "At least Pansy got the smart one. Potter and Weasley are thick as thieves." Blaise just nodded in agreement before his attention got grabbed by a particularly tense game of wizard chess. I took this as my cue to go to bed early.

------

-harry-

Yet another restless night. I sighed and grabbed the Marauder's Map. "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" I used lumos and placed my wand in a nook in my bedframe. Everything was as it usually was at this time of night, except for someone pacing three times and disappearing. What on earth would Draco be using the room of requirement for at two thirty in the morning? Bored out of my mind and with a newfound energy, I grabbed my wand and invisibility cloak and headed soundlessly out of my dorm. I had to manoeuvre my way around a couple of first years who fell asleep in the common room and made my way to where I saw Draco disappear.

I made it to the room of requirement and paced three times, willing the room to let me in. And by the mercy of Merlin, it did. The room was made to be cosy, a fireplace and floor to ceiling bookshelves. Draco turned to face the door, which was apparently open for no reason and stood. I closed the door and pulled off the cloak. "What the fuck, Potter? I thought Filch got in somehow! Not to mention you appearing from thin air! start explaining." He adjusted his position to be more commanding and crossed his arms. I just stuttered for a moment. After making a fool out of myself, I took a second to breathe. "Sorry for scaring you, I was just bored and wanted to see... something and then I found you in here and I wasn't expecting you to react, well, like that and it's an invisibili-" I was cut off by a finger to my lips. "Listen Potter, as funny as it is watching you explain to save your arse, I really cannot be bothered to listen right now." I scowled and plucked his hand off of my face. "You asked me to explain, chalk for brains." It was then Draco's turn to scowl. "I guess I did." He said curtly before crossing his arms again. "Want to sit?" He gestured to the chairs with his head and I nodded. 

A/N:

hey guys! i hope you liked this chapter! i have alot of motivation to write rn so there will be a next chapter very soon! (by very soon I mean probably in the next hour)

also lmk what kind of word count you want per chapter! i will use that as a guide bc i have no clue what is the average/alot !

wc- 1303