Reborn: Loose Ends.

Looking down into the palm of his hand, David clenched his fist, before pulling out a second chip from a chip-reader.

"So, that's our money?" Smasher appeared behind him, arms crossed. "And the tracker?"

David turned towards the hulking murderer in his head, or the one he shared a head with. "We leave it here, arasaka was stupid enough to link our 'allowence' with the tracker, probably so they could terminate it."

"My question has only been half-answered. Why are we leaving it here?"

David's eye gave him a look, childlike and all excited as he turned.

He pulled a bag from under the table, and out came a militech shrapnel mine. "So we can give a big fuck you to anyone trying to search for us."

The Borg chuckled a bit. "Heh, interesting. But, us? You and I both know it's all about you."

"Yeah, and even if it's just about me, for the time being, you're also part of me."

"Do you treat everybody who shoots you in the mouth like this?"

David laughed softly. "Just to the ones that're in my head."

"And I cannot wait to leave. Getting really fuckin tired of seeing all your memories of your girl and almost feeling something from them."

Without his knowledge, Adam reminded David of what he was really going down this path for, what he was helping his killer for.

For Lucy, for the chance to see her again.

David looked through the wardrobe for something new to wear, shedding himself from the last corporate sign of branding that wasn't etched into his very 'skin'.

He grabbed all he needed, one of his old black shirts, a grey windbreaker, and a military waterproof poncho, and some new pants.

Looking into the closet mirror, his topless body was human, enough. His shoulders and upper bicep were carbon black, resembling military prosthetics, basically the only parts that needed to look human, actually did.

He began to scratch off the corporate logos on his chrome, mainly the eyepiece that replaced his right eye, and turned the optical glow to a colour more fitting.

The two on the side being purple, with the one in the middle, but slightly off to the side, being green.

David then sat on his bed, and undid the clamps of his chromed boots.

They fell off, and rest on the floor, and revealed the spider legs that they slotted themselves into, like those of a tyger claw.

David put on his new clothes, and refitted his boots/feet.

He stood, and Adam appeared in front of him. "Not a bad look on you."

"Is that a joke?"

"Ahh... Now that's your turn to figure out." And just like that, he had disappeared.

David set the mine by the door, before leaving the apartment, giving it one last look before jumping from the railing, and plummeted toward the floor of the atrium.

Fall Compensation.

His optics had read, as he slowly straightened his legs again, standing tall.

He had one last spot to check out before he finally rid himself of his murderer.

The Afterlife.

The bar, not death, not this time.

And after about an hour of walking through the cold streets of NC, feeling a constant downpour of rain over his coated shoulders.

The hood compressed around his head, and when he saw a reflection of what his head looked like, he chuckled, seeing how he resembled a certain netrunner. An old friend.