Chapter 2: I Don't Work For Toons!

——————————🎙️——————————

Once they got outside, Eddie stared heading down some steps, and (Y/n) followed close behind.

"So, do I get to come?" She asked.

"I'll think about it." Eddie told her.

They got to the bottom of the stairs and passed several Toons and humans bustling around the set, as the two detectives scrambled around all of them to make it out of the studio.

"What's there to think about? You heard Maroon, we don't get the other fifty if I don't come." She pointed out.

"I said I'll think about it!"

Eddie and (Y/n) exited the studios and started walking across the street to a street car.

"Come on Uncle Eddie. You've barely let me come on a job ever since—."

Eddie swiftly turned around to face her, and she skidded to a halt, almost bumping into him.

"Don't say it." He warned her. "I said I'll think about it, and that's final."

Eddie turned back around and continued walking. (Y/n) let out a frustrated huff and followed after him.

Eddie and (Y/n) approached the man taking fees for the streetcar. Eddie pulled out the check and showed it to him.

"What do I look like? A bank?" He snapped, and closed the car doors on them.

The two detectives sighed and waited for the street car to start pulling away before hopping on the back of it with two other kids.

A third kid started running after the car yelling 'wait for me!' And Eddie grabbed his arm and pulled him up.

"Hey, mister, ain't ya got a car?" One kid asked Eddie, as he pulled out a pack of smokes.

"Who needs a car in L.A.? We got the best public transportation system in the world."

...

The street car arrived at Eddie and (Y/n)'s stop, and they hopped off and waved the kids goodbye.

"Thanks for the cigarettes!" Eddie yelled, then quickly turned to (Y/n). "You don't touch these."

(Y/n) smiled lightly and rolled her eyes. "I know, I know."

They walked across the street to their office, and as Eddie fixed the crooked sign hung by the door, the mailman came by.

"Hey Eddie, hey Miss (Y/n)."

"Hi Harry." (Y/n) greeted.

"Hey Harry. What do you got for me?" Eddie asked.

"The usual bills." Harry handed Eddie a stack of envelopes and left.

As soon as he was gone, Eddie casually waltzed over to a garbage can and tossed the bills in it, and glanced across the street.

"(Y/n), go inside. I'll be in shortly." Eddie said.

Without looking back at her or letting her reply, Eddie ran across the street to a place called 'The Terminal Station Bar.'