Chapter 3: Why Don't You Do Right?

——————————🎙️——————————

Eddie and (Y/n) made their way down an alley to the entrance of the Ink and Paint Club. Eddie was wearing his usual suit and fedora with a tan trench coat over it, and (Y/n) wore a pair of black heels and a long tan overcoat that extended past her knees, covering up her outfit. She had also touched up her hair and put some makeup on.

Eddie knocked on a big wooden door and a small slot opened up and a pair of glaring red eyes gazed at them.

"Got the password?" A low, gruff voice asked.

"Walt sent me." Eddie whispered.

The slot closed and the door opens to reveal a big cartoon gorilla in a suit. He let Eddie inside, but paused when he saw (Y/n).

"Humans only." He said.

(Y/n) held up a written note from R.K. Maroon to let her in. The gorilla read it, but still looked at her skeptically. The girl then held up some cash Maroon gave her for extra persuasion. He glanced at the money, then back at her, and she gave him a sheepish smile. The gorilla glanced around to see if anyone was watching, took the money, and let her in.

"Nice monkey suit." Eddie commented.

"Wise-ass." He growled.

Eddie and (Y/n) descended a staircase that lead to double wooden doors. Eddie pushed them open to reveal a big open room with several tables, and a stage with a catwalk.

Several cartoon penguin waiters scurried around the club serving drinks as Daffy and Donald Duck were playing a song on two different pianos, and there were several people seated at the tables watching them and laughing. (Y/n) found it a bit odd how most of them were women.

It wasn't long before Daffy and Donald started arguing.

"Hey, cut it out!" Donald snapped.

"Does anybody understand what this duck is saying? I've worked with a lot of wise-quackers, but you are despicable!" Daffy spat.

"Doggone, stubborn, nitwit! That does it!"

"This is the last time I work with someone with a speech impediment!" Daffy declared.

"Oh yeah?!" Donald grabbed Daffy and shut him inside his piano.

"This means war..." Daffy mumbled.

Eddie and (Y/n) made there way to a table, and the older woman next to them held up a pen and squirted ink onto Eddie's shirt. (Y/n) gasped and Eddie looked angry as the woman started giggling.

"What you think that's funny?!" Eddie growled.

"Oh, it's a panic." She laughed.

"You won't think it's funny when I stick that pen up your nose, lady!" (Y/n) threatened.

"Now calm down, hon. Look the stain's gone. It's disappearing ink. No hard feelings, I hope." She quickly stated. "Look, I'm—."

"We know who you are." Eddie cut her off. "Marion Acme. Your late husband was Marvin Acme, the Gag King. Your family owns ToonTown."