3) Giving in!

Veronica's pov

"Zen"
I smiled bitterly at him.

He doesn't care about about me, not even a bit.

His expressions turned cold.
"I assume you have heard everything..."

"I did... Congratulations!"
I gulped down my tears. No way in hell, I am going to show him that he affects me.
"I didn't know you wanted a child..."

He sighed.
"I don't want to see your emotional drama..."
Sharp pain tucked in my heart.
"I love Mila and she is carrying my child... She will stay with us from now on..."

I forced a smile.
"I don't care, Zen... Your life, your house... Do whatever you want..."

I will not show him my weakness and pain. He don't deserve it. He never deserved it. He will not see my tears.

"See, I told you..."
He looked at mila.
"She doesn't care..."

"I want to go home, Zen... If you are busy, I'll take the cab..."
I said, I am in no mood to see their romance.

"Come with us..."
I frowned at mila's fake sweet smile.
"I mean it's too late, it's not safe outside... We are going home anyway, isn't it honey?..."
She smiled at Zen.

"Whatever... Let's go..."
Zen replied.

"I'll take the cab... Thanks for your concern, Mila..."
I don't need their fake mercy. I can take care of myself.

"Great!... Let's go sweetheart"
Zen didn't even look at me before grabbing his keys and leading Mila out.

This is the man I once loved. I should be ashamed of my choice.

I grabbed my purse and headed outside.  I really don't want to go to that house. It will break me more. I blinked my tears back.
It's burning inside. I was nothing but loyal and good with him and he doesn't even care about me.

Their car crossed my path while I was waiting for the cab. Wow! My life is really fucked up. If it wasn't for my brother, I would have killed Zen at this moment.

My cab finally arrived and I got inside. I don't understand what did I do to deserve this treatment. I was good with everyone but life has given me nothing except pain and humiliation.
And I have to endure it one more year. Tears slipped from my eyes just with the thought.
I can't take it. Staying in that house for one year and watching them is too much.

God! Please do something.

I yelped and quickly put my hands on the front seat when cab suddenly came to the halt.
"What are you doing?"
I frowned at the driver.

"Sorry, ma'am... I am extremely sorry..."
The aged driver looked at me with apologetic face.
"I don't know what happened... I need to check it. Please wait inside..."

I nodded and sat inside, not like I am eager to go home.

I looked outside, lines of shops and hotels. Most of the shops are closed but clubs are open. Then I realised it am in front of the famous club of the city.

Night just has started for the people, I wish I could live a life like this. Carefree and rebellious but neither my life nor my profession allows me this. It's been so long that I have had drinks.

"Ma'am, I am so sorry, it's some technical problem and I have to call mechanic..."
The driver said and I sighed.

"It's okay... I'll cancel the ride and will call another one."
I don't want to argue with the old man. I don't like it.

"Ma'am"
He looked at me with conflicted face.
"Please don't cancel the ride..."
He requested.
"My four rides have been cancelled today and if this data went to the company then I will loose my job... Please don't cancel the ride... It's a matter of five minutes... If you can wait... Please, I really need this job."