Chapter 18

"David!" Ruby said.

David looked down to see his daughter on the ground, unconscious. "Summer!" He said, hopping down of the bed of the truck and rushing over to her. He tried waking her up, but she didn't.

"David, what's wrong?" The Blue Fairy asked as she approached them.

Ruby looked to see if there was anybody still around and saw Dr. Whale. "Dr. Whale, we could use your help." She said.

Dr. Whale came over to them. "What happened?" He asked.

"I don't know." David said. "She was completely fine a minute ago."

"We're near the town line." Ruby said. "She could have crossed it without realizing it." David sighed.

"If you want, I can run some tests at the hospital to see if it's anything physical?" Victor asked.

"Alright." David said as he lifted Summer into his arms. "I'll ride with you. Ruby, do you mind driving my truck?"

"Sure." Ruby said, taking the keys.

A few minutes later, they were all in a hospital, including Ruby and Blue Fairy.

"If this has to do with crossing the town line, then why did Summer faint?" David asked. "The dwarves didn't say anything about fainting when they crossed the town line."

"With magic around again, anything can happen." Blue said.

"If this has to do with magic, then how is she supposed to wake up?" David asked.

"True love's kiss should work." Blue said.

David looked down at his daughter. He gently brushed some of her hair away from her face and leaned down to kiss her on the forehead. He waited a moment, but nothing happened.

"Why didn't it work?" David asked. "It worked with Emma and Henry."

"I don't know." Blue said.

"I have a horrible feeling that Regina or Gold has something to do with this and I want answers." David said. "Plus, I'm getting Henry back from Regina."

"What about Summer?" Ruby asked.

David looked at his daughter, again. "Is she ok?" He asked, turning to Dr. Whale.

"Physically, there's nothing wrong with her." Victor answered.

David sighed. "Is it alright if she stays here where there are people that can keep an eye on her?" He asked. "I don't have anyone to watch her and with Emma gone, I've been acting as sheriff and don't have anyone else to do it. And I certainly don't want to leave her alone while I work."

"It shouldn't be a problem." Victor said.

"Thank you." David said.

"Of course." Victor said.

"I'm going to go talk to Regina." David said. Blue, Ruby, and Victor nodded.

David kissed Summer on the forehead again. "I'll come visit you soon, sweetheart." He said before leaving.

David grabbed his sword and made his way to Regina's house, pounding on the door. Regina answered it and David stormed in.

"Where's Henry?" He demanded.

"You won't be needing your sword." Regina said. "Henry, come down."

"I can fight whatever you conjure." David said.

"You won't need to fight." Regina said as Henry came downstairs. "Henry, you're going to go home with David."

"Really?" Henry asked.

"I shouldn't have brought you here the way that I did. I want you here because you want to be here, not because I forced you to be here." Regina explained. "So, go get your things." Henry ran back upstairs.

"Before I go, I want some answers." David said.

"About what?" Regina asked.

"Earlier, the dwarves discovered that if you cross the town line, you become your cursed self again with those memories." David explained. "But, when Summer accidentally crossed the town line, she fell unconscious."

"Why do you think I'll have the answers?" Regina asked.

"Because you created the curse. And Gold's the one that brought back magic." David said. "So, one of you better have some answers."

"I would think true love's kiss would work." Regina said.

"I tried that." David said. "It didn't work."

"Well, maybe you don't love your daughter as much as you thought." Regina said.

"Don't test me." David warned.

"True love's kiss is the only way I know to wake someone from a curse." Regina said.

Just then, Henry came back downstairs. David sighed, realizing he wasn't going to get his answers right now.

"Let's go, Henry." He said. The two left.