Chapter 20

A couple days later, David made his way to Granny's for lunch.

"Hey David." Someone greeted him as he walked into the diner. He turned around to see Katherine, Fredrick, and Midas sitting at a booth.

"Oh. Hello Katherine. Frederick. King Midas." David greeted.

"Come join us for lunch." Midas said. "We were just about to order."

David walked over to them and joined them at the table.

"I suppose I should go back to calling you Abigail." He said.

"And you James." Abigail said.

David internally sighed. Should he tell them the truth? They deserved to know, even though it would possibly result in George killing him. But, he could handle George. He decided to tell them.

"Actually, my name actually is David." David said. "That was my name in the Enchanted Forest."

"Then, who's James?" Kathryn asked.

"My identical twin brother." David answered.

"I'm sorry?" Midas asked. "George never said anything about having another son. Especially an identical one."

"That's because he didn't know for most of the time." David explained. "James wasn't his biological son. He got James in a deal he made with Rumplestiltskin, who made a deal with my parents. When my brother and I were babies, us and our parents lived on a farm, but we're barely surviving. Rumplestiltskin made a deal with my parents. My brother or I in exchange for helping the rest of us survive. My parents took the deal and gave James to Rumplestiltskin, who became King George's son."

"Then, where's James?" Fredrick asked.

"He died." David replied.

"That's not possible." Midas said. "I saw him kill that Behemoth and he slayed that dragon."

"That's partially correct." David said. "He did kill that Behemoth, but the Behemoth had just enough strength left to attack James from behind and kill him."

"So, you were the one that slayed the dragon?" Midas asked.

"Yes." David answered.

"But, how did King George know you existed?" Kathryn asked.

"My assumption is that Rumplestiltskin told him." David said. "He paid my mother and I a visit with the same deal he offered my parents years before. So, I took the deal to help save our farm."

The three continued to listen.

"After I slayed that dragon for you, I was caught off guard when you offered your daughter's hand in marriage." David continued. "I had every intention of declining as I had always wanted to marry for love and not an arranged marriage, but George threatened to kill my mother and daughter if I declined, so I accepted."

"I thought the only daughter you had was Emma?" Kathryn asked.

"I have another daughter from before I ever met you or Snow." David explained. "In our realm, her name's Summer. During the curse, it was Taylor."

"No wonder you became so fond of her." Kathryn said."I'm sorry, David. For how I reacted to her."

"Don't worry about it." David said. "It was the curse."

"Looking back, it's kind of funny how we ended up married." Kathryn said.

David chuckled. "I know." He said. "We went through all trouble to just to end up married during the curse."