Chapter 5- Official

You wake up the next morning with your hand still entwined in her hair as she continues sleeping on your chest.  You don't want to wake her, so you just run your fingers through her hair gently for a while, enjoying the warmth of her body on yours. 
She eventually begins to stir, waking up slowly and picking her head up to meet your gaze. She smiles softly as she looks into your eyes.

"You stayed?"  she asks faintly.  You look at her confused.  "You asked me to."

"Well, yeah but... I thought you'd end up leaving after I fell asleep." 

You take her cheek in your hand, gently running your thumb over her pronounced cheekbone. "I wouldn't do that to you."  you promise genuinely.

She smiles brightly, and it is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. You can't help but smile too.  You lean in and kiss her gently, all of your worries drifting away.   The both of you stay in each others arms silently, just enjoying the others' presence until you speak.

"Do you wanna go somewhere with me today?"

She smiles warmly again. "What did you have in mind?"

"Well, there's a trail that leads to a beautiful garden not too far from here. It's about a five minute walk." 

"I'd love to." she replies.  You get up and put on a light blue sundress with some flat sandals. She follows suit and puts on a dark green sundress, as green happens to be her signature color.

"You look beautiful." you tell her, as you put some of her hair behind her ear.

"So do you."

The two of you escape downstairs and slip out the front door, not being seen by Ella or either of Tremaine's daughters.  You and Madonna begin walking down the trail, breathing in the crisp fresh air and enjoying the nice spring weather.

The two of you continue on down the path until you start to see flowers coming up ahead. 

"Here we are." you exclaim happily as you pull her gently towards the garden.  She smiles softly as she follows you, letting herself be thrilled by the nature that surrounds her.

You lead her to a bench in the middle of the garden and sit down next to her.  You take a deep breath and speak.

"I wanted to ask you something, but I don't know how to go about it..."

"Just ask me. Please." she looks at you pleadingly, like she already knows what you're about to say.

"I know this is obvious, but I really like you. I know you're my friends stepmother, and I don't really know how she's going to take it, but... would you like to officially go out with me?"

Her face lights up, making you feel warmer than the sun shining down on you.

"I'd love nothing more." she says, tears of happiness running down her cheeks. The two of you embrace each other tightly, feeling a sense of security washing over you both.

"Would you want to go to dinner tomorrow night then?" you ask as you release her from your hold.

"I would like that very much."  she smiles brightly. "Shall we head back home now? It's a bit hot out here."

"Are you sure it's not just you?" you tease her. It takes her a while to catch on to what you said. 

"No, the sun is just-" she looks at you with a smirk now. "Don't tease me like that." she gives a small chuckle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The two of you get back to the house only to be greeted by Ella when you walk through the door.

"Where have you two been?" she asks, looking back and forth between you and her stepmother.

Madonna opens her mouth to speak, but you beat her to it.

"We were both up early so we just went out for a walk. We would have invited you and your stepsisters if we'd have seen you before we left." you lie swiftly.

Ella, seemingly not convinced, but also not wanting to continue this conversation, just nods and goes about her chores.  Madonna looks at you tenderly.

"You'll have to tell her at some point."

"She already knows. I can tell. Anything I tell her will just be a confirmation."

Madonna hears the hesitation in your voice and takes hold of your shoulders gently.  She leans in, letting one of her hands caress your hair as she kisses you softly.

"She's your best friend. It's going to be strange for her. Don't worry though, I'm sure she'll still love you."

You shut your eyes for a second and nod, inhaling a soft breath.

"Maybe."  You open your eyes again and look at her with all the love you can muster. You kiss her tenderly before holding her close. "If not, it's okay... I have you."