The Quarter-Finals

Bödvar recreated at an Asgardian bar following his victory. He somehow didn't get drunk even after taking many shots of beer. There, he chatted with another Asgardian and the winner of the most recent Grand Tournament, Brynn. She had made the three most shocking decisions of her career to win that event.

"Great job! That was incredible to watch," said the Valkyrie as they bumped fists.

"Thanks. I wanted to prove that Vin Diesel had nothing on him."

They shared a laugh.

"Do you know who I'm fighting next?"

"It's Magyar."

A suit of armor occupied by a hundred battle-craving souls, they were known for fighting in a  patient matter, waiting for mistakes that could lead to easy points. What many other fighters despised, however, were the amount of hits they could take before getting knocked out. Having a high defense, they were called "The Tank of Valhalla." They were a dark horse to win it all.

"They beat Xull in their first round."

"My god."

"You can do this, Bödvar. They have a hammer just like you. Find a chip in his armor and take him down."

"That was a nice play on words. I appreciate it."

He had never fought against Magyar, but their hammer play was regarded as one of the scariest because of their sigs. The spirits inside them came out and carried their weapons in a storm like style.

Under the stage pre-fight, as Bödvar and his mammoth were preparing, one of Magyar's souls shouted, "BÖDVAR!"

In a relatively nervous tone, he turned around to them and replied, "Yes?"

"You must be the hundred people in one with that gia-"

About ten voices at once said, "Don't say it. We are the Strazci, and people must call us that."

"I didn't know that. People must be scared of you guys."

"They are."

"You might wanna use that sword more often than the hammer."

Their sword was a big one, and could pull off combos more often than the regular sword.

"No. We must do whatever we can do to win."

"Good luck I guess. 'til KO do us part."

They were lifted up by their sidekicks and ready to fight.

"3, 2, 1, BRAWL!"

Unlike his first match, Bödvar got to the weapon pickup first, but Magyar waited for a bit to see him get the hammer as his first weapon. He kicked them twice before hitting with the hammer, but they weren't sent too far. After all, their defense was the highest of the participants in the tournament.

Magyar grabbed a hammer themself, and unleashed their inner spirits with their side signature, crawling like a spider towards him and hitting with the middle of their mallet-like hammer. Using his dodge at the edge of the blast zone, however, Bödvar recovered. Subsequently, he used his spirit bear with a powerful neutral signature, giving him the lead.

Picking up their soul-charged greatsword, they landed a three hit string to take him out and get themself on the board. The problem was, they were down a point and a quarter on their last life. Going for their neutral signature, Magyar bonded with Bödvar and landed a stab to the chest, knocking him out and getting them the point.

They were heavily damaged, however. Needing a miracle to stay alive in the match, they landed a powerful string, but it was already too late. Bödvar landed his sword neutral signature, grabbing them and slashing them to the blast zone, and won the match by two and a half points. He was on to the top 4, knocking a dark horse out of the tournament after a promising first match.

Under stage, he offered a fist bump, but Magyar instead offered a hand shake.

"It's nerve wracking to shake my hand, isn't it," said their many voices.

"You basically have claws for hands, so it is."

They shook each other's hands without much nerves. He patted on their back as they headed for the locker rooms.