The Grand Final

Under stage, Bödvar and Ezio had much respect for each other.

"That was so fun!"

"It must've been. I appreciate your efforts."

But as they shook their hands, Mordex came in. He had defeated another member of the Original 8 in the Demon ninja Hattori to make the finals. This made Bödvar the last member of the 8 left in the tournament. The werewolf was clapping in a sarcastic manner.

"Oh wow. What a win," he said.

"I'm assuming you zero-to-deathed that demon to get here?"

"Damn right I did. It was almost easy to do it. You're probably losing this match."

In a reference to Dumb and Dumber, Bödvar replied, "So you're telling me there's a chance?"

"Hmph. I see what you did there."

Heading to his locker room to make final preparations, Hattori caught up with him.

"Hello, Bödvar. Good job on making it this far."

"Thanks."

"I can tell you how to beat that monster. All you need to do is be as patient as can and mix up your style."

"I've heard those from some other people. Do you know anything else?"

"Not that I know of. I'm telling you, you can win this thing. Just be careful."

"Got it."

An hour had passed. It was showtime. Under the dark night sky, the fans were about to witness possibly the most exciting match of the entire tournament. A first-time champion of the Grand Tournament would be crowned. The only question was who would it be.

Taking in some deep breaths, Bödvar knew everything that was on the line. Not only was he fighting for the victory over one of Vahalla's scariest competitors and the overall tournament, he was doing it for the Original 8. They were sitting near each other, hoping for their founder to win it all for the first time.

Preparing his mammoth, Bödvar stated, "I'm going to get this done for the Original 8."

"We'll see about that."

As their sidekicks carried them to the stage, the two were nervous. Bödvar offered a thumbs up as they did so, with Mordex accepting, something he rarely did. The crowd, including the 8, got on their feet for the final match of the sixth annual Grand Tournament.

With all of their breath, they gave the final command.

"3, 2, 1, BRAWL!"

The werewolf hastily grabbed his gauntlets, while the Viking waited for the second weapon pickup to appear. He dodged most of his opponent's attacks before grabbing his hammer. Mordex quickly responded by making quick work of Bödvar with the gauntlets he still had, ultimately finishing him off the icy claws of his side signature. After the knockout, he quickly unarmed himself and went for his scythe. This is where the battle really started.

After Bödvar got back onto the stage, he had a few seconds to figure out what he would do. At the very next moment, he was caught in the path of the scythe. He was taking hit after hit, and before he knew it, he hit the blast zone. He was a point shy of bowing out at second place. Most fighters wouldn't make up for this deficit against a wielder of the scythe, but Bödvar wasn't "most fighters." After recovering, he almost immediately took out his rival's point with a slide kick into ground pound.

He took in a deep breath as Mordex got back to the stage. With his hammer in hand, he landed two swings in the air, missing the third, and got him off stage. Bödvar had the choice to risk the tournament in an instant, or later on. He jumped off the stage and grappled him with the hook of his hammer, sending him to the bottom of the blast zone. Both of them were on championship point. The next point would win the whole thing.

At a decent damage level to be knocked out, Bödvar swung his sword at Mordex four times, missing two. He grabbed his scythe and was ready to win the Grand Tournament for himself. He had only taken a handful of hits, but Bödvar thought otherwise. With a few hammer swings, he had gotten his opponent to the damage level he was at. Still with his scythe, he landed two consecutive hits. Going for a third hit, he was punished by the hammer. They were both at the optimal damage to score the knockout. Thinking fast, Bödvar leaped and hit Mordex with an aerial swing. With his rival dangerously close to the right of the blast zone, he made the ultimate gamble.

With his might, he threw his hammer as all fell silent. Then, the throw connected.

"GAME!"

He'd done it. First the first time, Bödvar was a champion of the Grand Tournament. Out of disbelief, he fell to his knees and laid on his back. The crowd was going wild for him. Suddenly, the 8 ran out as he stood up, crowding him. They knew how much he had struggled to get to that point, and the thrill of winning a tournament as a whole. Mordex eventually came to give him a fist bump.

"I guess you were right. I was wrong."

"Well, you fought your tail off to get here, so I applaud that."

He lifted Bödvar's hand in the air.

The sixth annual Grand Tournament had come to a close.

The founding father of the 8 was on top.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF STORY