The Semi-Finals

Arriving at the locker room, Bödvar found a piece of paper on one of the benches. Written on it was a message from a determined rival. 

"For the Viking, I've been waiting to fight you. You've done great so far, but I'm assuming you won't win. I could easily zero-to-death you with my scythe. Good luck."

The initials at the bottom of the note read,

O.M.

Those were the the initials of Octavius Mordex. Made a werewolf on purpose, he was one of the favorites to win, having defeated many of his rivals in the Grand Tournament so far in the past. He was also considered the best scythe user in the tournament, hence the note. Some of his most famous highlights had come while using it. Both he and Bödvar were in the top 4. 

He was set to fight a famous figure from another universe in the semi-finals. It was none other than Ezio Auditore da Firenze, the protagonist of Assassin's Creed that somehow found his way to Valhalla. His mix of defensive and offensive fighting was, according to many, the best fighting style one could have. Both of them used a sword, but the master assassin had an orb as his secondary. The orb could do damage in a hurry, whereas the sword took some time to get to the optimal damage for a knockout.

Bödvar had never fought anyone like him. He took in many deep breaths as he exited the locker room. An hour had passed with him studying some of Ezio's skills and fighting style. Then, Ezio arrived. Somehow holding back his excitement, Bödvar shook his hand right away.

"It's such a damn pleasure to fight you."

"A lot of people have said that to me. Thanks."

"I guess when you're from another universe, everyone immediately roots for you."

"That is true. I know some people who second that."

"Alright then."

"Good luck. 'til KO do us part."

"You actually said that before I did? I'm surprised."

This time, Bödvar wasn't pegged to win the match by most, as Ezio was exceptionally talented. He wasn't going to give up any time soon.

"3, 2, 1, BRAWL!"

Ezio got a lucky break and pulled out his orb to start the match. His sword was what he preferred over the orb, but he knew the orb combos necessary to build damage. He did a common combo to start off, but he wouldn't use it too often. By the two minute mark, he had done the optimal amount of damage for a knockout, while Bödvar had done half of it. With his neutral signature, he created a hologram cube that caught him and knocked him out. 

Determined to fight his way to the finals and challenge Mordex, Bödvar caught Ezio with a slide kick into a powerful ground pound, giving him the knockout. Picking up the hammer, he pictured in his head what he could do to get the point. He proceeded to make a play of his own: at the edge of the stage, he stomped, swung his hammer, repeated the first two, and went off stage to pound him in the air. The combo connected, and the crowd went wild.

One point away from the victory, he had a point more than Ezio did. The latter did some more damage before leaping in the air to dunk him with his sword neutral signature. Unfortunately, he was at the optimal knockout damage on his last point. Bödvar responded with a sword swipe into recovery move, winning him the match with no damage on his last point. 

"GAME!"

With that victory, Bödvar was one match away from his biggest victory yet. All he had to do now was become the David to the Goliath and close out the tournament.