messages and an escape

you all sit around in a circle, with su-hyeok and Nam-ra still sitting by the window.

You glance over at On-jo who's sitting to the left of you and give her a little smile.

"Hey" You nudge her with your foot.

She looks up from the ground and looks into your brown eyes.

"Yeah?" she replies quietly.

You grab her wrist and drag her away from the group, with Cheong-san following you with his eyes.

You both sit comfortably facing each other on a table away from everyone.

"So...you like su-hyeok?" You say quietly so nobody else hears since the room is in silence.

she sighs and sadly nods her head which makes you frown because why would she be sad about that?

"what's wrong?" You ask her

"It's obvious he doesn't like me back. I gave him my name tag before..when you and Cheong-san were separated and he came back alone. But he hasn't said anything about it or given me any signs that he likes me back. He's all over Nam-ra." she says with a shaky voice and teary eyes.

You look at her with sadness.

"I'm sorry On-jo..that must be a terrible feeling." You say holding her hand, "You'll find someone one day, i promise. who needs bare-su anyway?"

She chuckles at the nickname and holds out her pinky finger. "Promise?"

"Promise." you reply, hooking your pinky finger around hers with a small smile.

After a couple of minutes of sitting in comfortable silence, you hear Ji-min talking from across the room. You both glance over to her and notice that she's filming herself talking.

Ji-min's message:
"My mum and dad...They came to the school to save me. The police...and firefighters never came. If anybody is watching after this, punish them. All involved. They abandoned us. All of them. I'll make you pay. Hi, mum. Hi, Dad. I'll stay alive and get revenge. I'll kill all the zombies...and anyone else."

You and On-jo walk over to the group again and sit in your chairs as Ji-min passes the camera to Hyo-ryung.

Hyo-ryung's message:
"Mum. And Dad. Hello. I'm here with some of my classmates and they're really good to me. Let me show you. This is them. Uh..um..Mum, Dad....I miss you. I miss you both. And, um..I'm so sorry."

She passes the camera to Wu-jin.

Wu-jins message:
"I want a raise in allowance."

He passes the camera onto Dae-su.

Dae-su's message:
"Music and lyrics by intergalactic superstar Yang Dae-su. Beat. Chicken tastes better fried in olive oil. Pork tastes better than soy meat. Strawberry cake tastes better than plain strawberries. What makes me laugh, laugh, laugh, is trans fat."

Joon-yeong's message:
"Hello. I'm Oh Joon-yeong, business major at Seoul University, class of 23. I'll meet you soon, upperclassmen. And if i get in, I definitely wanna find myself a girlfriend."