an escape plan

You all stand on the roof in silence while a few are crying, feeling defeated. How could they just leave you like that?

"They abandoned us, didn't they?" Hyo-ryeong sobs, "No one's coming to save us now?"

You turn around and look at the poor girl with tears in your own eyes.

"But why did they do that?" Joon-yeong questions.

"Maybe..they thought that all of us were already fucking zombies." Wu-jin answers.

"They would have killed us. They wouldn't have left us here alive if they thought that." Joon-yeong replies with a shaky voice.

Cheong-san walks over to the fire and wood and starts to kick it with rage while you just stand there watching him. You understand the poor boys rage.

On-jo rushes over and tries to pull him away but he shoves her off.

"What're you doing?!" She questions him

"It's pointless! It's all pointless. No one's coming. No one else is coming." He replies with anger laced in his tone.

Cheong-san turns away from On-jo and continues to kick the wood away that was used for the SOS sign and lets out a scream full of rage.

You slowly sit down and lean against the ledge with tears silently rolling down your cheeks.

'what do we do now?" You whisper.

Everybody stays silent as they have no idea either. You all were lost in your thoughts and all wondered whether it was worth risking your lives to get to the roof just to be left stranded.

You pull the blanket over you as you start to shiver in the cold midnight air.

Thunder booms and snaps you back to reality.

You look ahead and see everybody standing in different place but something's different. Nobody has hope anymore.

All of a sudden you feel a drop of rain fall on your cheek. You hold your hand out and another lands on your palm.

"It's raining." Dae-su exclaims.

Everybody looks up to the night sky and feels rain drops platter on their cheeks.

"Yes! It's raining!" Dae-su laughs.

"It's pouring" Wu-jin says

You look back over to the group and see Dae-su and Wu-jin laying down next to each other attempting to make angels in the rain while laughing.

You smile at the sight.

"Ahh, it's so nice." Dae-su says opening his mouth for the rain to fulfill his dehydration.

Everybody stands there looking up at the sky.

You glance up at the rain and open your mouth slightly allowing drops of rain to fall into your dry mouth.

Without any control, tears fall down your cheeks and sobs escape your mouth.

Soon after everyone else lets their emotions get ahold of them too.