a memorable sacrifice. (ending one)

"Damn it. Nothing is working out." Mi-jin sighs, "We keep hitting dead ends."

"Would you just be quiet?" Dae-su spits, "It's your fault Joon-yeong died."

"Dae-su." You shoot him a look indicating its not the right time to be saying stuff like that, but he doesn't get the message.

"If you hadn't bitched at him and just shut up, he would never have jumped out there" He continues.

You sigh.

Mi-jin stares at him for a couple of seconds before speaking.

"Okat. It is my fault. Happy?" She says, "Are you happy, asshole?"

"Mi-jin, stop." You say, "Both of you just stop."

"Dae-su. What does it matter who's responsible for someone's death? What does living and dying even mean? I don't know." Wu-jin rambles on, "If we make it out, will it really be living? Hey, you know our friends died. And our parents too. What's the point?"

You nod along slowly, understanding where he's coming from.

"Do you wanna die? Then will you die?" Mi-jin asks.

"Try being a senior. Then you'll really wanna die." She continues.

"Yeah, big deal, you're a senior." Dae-su says snarkily.

"You try being one. You'll see what it's like." She spits back at him.

"Should we really be talking about dying in front of y/n? She's literally bleeding out and here you guys are talking about dying just because you're a senior." Dae-su whispers back as he doesn't want you to hear, but you hear anyway.

"It's fine, Dae-su I promise." You reassure him.

"You kids. You better survive till next year and see what it's like being seniors. Survive until next year and tell me which is harder, zombies or senior year." Mi-jin rambles on.

"Mi-jin. Be quiet." Ha-ri finally says.

"I'm saying the truth, am I not?" Mi-jin asks

"There's bigger things to worry about than senior year for now." Ha-ri responds calmly and Mi-jin doesn't say anymore.

"Hey, Y/n." Cheong-san says.

"Yes?" You ask, looking up at him.

"Where should we go for our date after we get out of here?" He asks softly.

"Hm. I reckon we should go to a photobooth to remember our first date after we go out for dinner somewhere...we could eat raman somewhere? We'll have to find the place with the best raman for sure. and then we could go to the beach afterwards!! We could watch the sunset, wouldn't that be nice?" Your worried gaze softens as you talk about the things you'd love to do once you all get out of this mess.

"I would love that" Cheong-san responds, grinning widely.

You return a soft smile and rest your head on his shoulder, imagaining how great it'll feel to be free from this school.