fire on the rooftop

cheong-san pulls you up the stairs as everybody rushes out the door to see a helicopter flying away.

"Look! A chopper!" joon-yeong yells
"Over here!" Dae-su yells after him.

"Help!"
"Hey!"

Everybody yells as they all make it outside.

Everybody chases after the helicopter but you and Cheong-san stay back by the door. You slowly drop down to the floor, leaning against the door.

"This is so draining" You say with your head leaning against the door, facing the sky with your eyes closed.

Cheong-san takes a seat next to you and holds your hand.

"everything will be okay." he speaks quietly.

You open your eyes and look at his face that has a soft expression painted on it. You give him a tired smile and nod your head.

"come back!!" you hear the group yelling and you glance over at everyone's defeated faces.

Some of the girls start to cry as the helicopter gets further away and you feel like crying yourself, but you don't have the energy to cry anymore.

"there was definitely somebody out here who didn't let us in" you say to cheong-san, "how selfish can they be?"

"how do you know someone was out here?" he asks curiously

"because why would the door be locked all of a sudden? i came out here the morning before everything happened with the zombies and it was unlocked. no teacher has had the chance to lock it since then" you explain.

He thinks about it for a second.

"they must've thought we were zombies banging on the door maybe."

"..maybe." you reply second guessing yourself, "BUT, zombies don't talk. i remember we all yelled for them to open the door."

"ohh, right that's true." he responds nodding his head.

you both sit there in silence for a bit until you hear loud banging behind you against the door. you flinch and cheong-san helps you up and pulls you away from the door. everybody turns around and stares at the door wondering what's going to happen next or who's banging.

You and Cheong-san stand there staring at the door, with his arm wrapped around your shoulders. After a couple of second with no banging, you slowly walk over to the door and place your ear on it.

Su-hyeok and the others start walking towards the door too.

Just as you placed your ear on the door the banging starts again. You flinch and stumble backwards next to Cheong-san.

The banging stops again.

"He's gone." Nam-ra says suddenly.

"What the fuck?" Dae-su complains

"Who's gone?" Su-hyeok turns and asks Nam-ra.

"Gwi-nam" she replies, "It's his smell and i hear his breathing."

"Gwi-nam?" You groan in annoyance.