CHAPTER 1- HE IS BACK.

"Okay, mom" "Yes I got it and I will be there." Mellisa hung up the phone. Her dad passed away 2 weeks back. He had been battling lung cancer since he was about 15 years old but never left the opportunity of smoking a cigar. He deserved it, thought Mellisa. He had given her a bad childhood and a horrible teenhood. She moved away to Boston as soon as she was 18 years old, so he did not make it to her adulthood. He did call her but she never spoke to him for more than 5 minutes. He was a man who was abusive to her mom, he was brutal. He made her lose faith in humanity, and turn cold and heartless. He did not deserve any love. 

However, Boston had restored her faith in humanity. She had met someone she could never get tired of loving. It was her fiancé, Ajax. Ajax was the sweetest man she had ever dated. He loved her, she loved him. She was about to get married, and her father was dead. Everything was perfect, nothing could go wrong. She had the best life she could ask for. 

"I'm leaving Ajax." "Take care, honey". Mellisa was going to the funeral of her dad. She got in the car and drove away through the dense forests and the majestic rivers. The beauty was magnificent.

 "Oh My God". Mellisa drove swiftly through the empty roads. She had just witnessed something terrifying. Something was terrible.  She hit a tree. Her car was damaged. She could feel her heart pounding- it was as if her heart would be out of her chest any moment. Mellisa could feel her eyes closing, her mind darkening, and her body sweating. She lay unconscious there, paralyzed. 

"Mellisa?" "Mellisa?" shouted Ajax with tears in the hospital. Mellisa showed movements and the doctors told him that she will be fine in a couple of hours. Ajax sat there, restlessly, shaking his legs and fidgeting with his fingers. 

Mellisa got up after 3 hours. Ajax had fallen asleep next to her. She could still remember the horrifying scene she witnessed. And who was he? Was it him?

Psychiatrist Shelly entered Room 602- where Mellisa was still thinking about the incident. She greeted her with a cheerful hello and proceeded to drag a chair near her. She told her that her medical record suggests that she had shown symptoms of Bipolar Disorder and asked if she had taken any treatment for the same. 
"No", replied Mellisa.
"The accident was fatal Mellisa. We are so glad you are saved." She sounded serious. "What exactly happened there? Did you see something? Perhaps a person?"
"No", Mellisa lied. 
"Very well then." Shelly saw Mellisa fidgeting and knew she was lying. "I'll come back later- we have to do something about this. Bipolar can get worse if not treated", Dr Shelly informed. "I have a feeling, it has already gotten worse", she murmured to herself making sure that Mellisa did not hear her statement. 
"Mhm" replied Mellisa. She was scared. She didn't want anyone to know what happened until she found out the truth. 

Mellisa was discharged from the hospital. She was asked to come and have routine visits with Dr Shelly. She agreed. Ajax was driving. On her way back, she saw the same man again, waiting for her to stop the car. "Oh for real, it is him", thought Mellisa. She panicked. 

"Help honey! This is your dad!" he shouted. She pretended to not hear him. She was sweating. She felt as if her voice box was broken. Ajax offered some water. She drank the water. She was back home and she ran into the bathroom, with continuous voices coming from her head:
"Is he really here?"
"I can't believe it."
"No no no. He can't be here."

"How can he? After all" Mellisa whispered to herself, "He is dead. I had killed him." 

Mellisa flushed the toilet and walked out of the bathroom. Ajax was cooking pancakes for her.