CHAPTER 3- NOTHING SEEMS RIGHT.

Present 

"A very tragic death." "Indeed, it is. No one knows what happened, and the case suddenly reopened after 15 years. There has to be a reason, the police refuse to inform the media what exactly happened in the ghastly scene. Our reporters have managed to click the pictures of the crime scene and the forensic department suggests that the killer we are looking for, is psychotic. There has been the same crime 15 years back, tells the investigator. The lack of evidence made it difficult for the investigators and detectives to find out who that killer was. The case was closed. It is opened again and the investigators are on it. Looking at the pattern, people at the FBI suggest families with 1 girl child be cautious. Always go in groups ad avoid going in inhabited streets. Both times, the killer murdered the families inside the house. They further advised the families to lock all the doors at night times and not to panic. The department is doing its best in searching for this heartless murderer. " "This is News Today, bringing you the latest and most apt information. These magazines of News Today have gotten sold very quickly today, purchase it as soon as you..........."

"This seems dangerous", said Jhon. "First, a family was killed, and now another family has been murdered in the same way. How is this possible? I cannot wrap my head around this case. Kevin, can you please give me insights into whatever has been found out till now? I will make a note of it. And please do not tell me what the media has been reporting. They are rarely right." "Sure Jhon, now if you would give me a minute, I'll turn on my PC and guide you through this case. " 

Jhon switched on his laptop and started typing something. He got the file he had saved 15 years back, when David, the head in charge at that time was handling this case. David had died from pneumonia 10 years back. So asking for help from David was ruled out. 

Kevin started speaking. "Jhon, 25 years back, there was a family of the Mitchells. The father's name was Mike Mitchell, and the mother's name was Juliet Mitchell. They had a daughter named Joanna Mitchell, and the other daughter's name has not been found out. They were living in a small town near England. Some said that the family was extremely broken. They say that Juliet had cheated on her ex-husband- name unknown, and fled to England with Mike. They got married and had Joanna. According to pieces of evidence, Juliet was pregnant with her 1st husband when she fled to England. She had her and later had Joanna. Joanna and the other sister were extremely close. But there was a heated argument in the house, 1 day, and it seems like Mike killed both-  Juliet and the stepdaughter. Some say Joanna killed herself because she couldn't handle the thought of her family dead. People in the town told us that they even saw a floating dead body in the well of her house and claimed that Joanna had jumped. When the police went for an investigation, they couldn't identify who it was. The hair had been shaved off. People suspected it to be a murder, but that thought immediately took a back seat, as the police found a suicide note written by Joanna where it was mentioned that Mike fled away after killing her family and that now she had no will to live. Joanna was even suffering from intense depression and often self-harmed. She wrote in her diary - "I want to cut my body. I want to cut my organ. He is raping me for the same reason.......If I don't have my organ, he will not do that. "Dear diary, today I burned myself near the inner thigh. It feels so good....." There were only a couple of entries, and the entries were all about, how Mike had been raping her. The police concluded as the worst and most self-torturous way one could suicide and they burnt the body. Mike went absconding and was never found again. Juliet's body was never found. However, they say that......." 
"Wait what! Juliet's body was never found!? How is that possible?" "We don't know Jhon. This story was investigated in England and the officer who investigated this is dead. This is the only thing we have got."
"Hmm. Something's fishy. Anyway, go on. " "Okay. So people say that Joanna never asked for help. She never mentioned to anyone that she was raped. Just had been writing it down, again- something suspicious. This is the story of the Mitchells. "

"Uh-huh. I see. Do you know anything about the 15 years ago murder?", questioned Jhon. "Hm yes. Let me find that file. Yes found it. Okay, so here it says that a father, mother and daughter were killed on a Friday afternoon, and their body pieces were cut and burnt down. The same thing has happened now. That's all we've got."
"So the person was never found?" "No Jhon. According to us, the killer always changes the name and flies to another country. We have not been able to crack who this person is, however." 
"I see. But how are the Mitchells connected to this, Kevin?" "Uhh, these 2 cases are the only cases which have gone unsolved. The killer was never found and the story seems too fictitious to believe. We don't know whom to believe and whom not to. That is the problem. We have to find this person, Jhon. We cannot let the people stay in fear for the rest of their life."

"Yes we have to, and we will", affirmed Jhon.