Chapter 4

~A killer shouldn't seem tooo obvious

Nothing seemed to really fall into place right now. We had a serial-killer on the prowl--thats for sure. Three victims. And then Selena. There was no connection,no source,nothing attaching them at all.
We'd reached St-hope hospital on time,where Selena had been admitted. She had sprained her neck very roughly,a few internal injuries,and unconscious. She was going to be okay---at least that's what I thought,until.
"She's missing"
Marcus just confirmed my greatest worries. "How?"
"What happened?"
I couldn't really figure why I was asking Marcus,of all people,this questions. I mean,wed been together all-day right-----or not. Goshh! I rubbed my forehead in circles. I really needed aspirin. We parked the car,and made way into the hospital. Selena's ward was on the north wing of the emergency hospice.
"Room 104" the nurse at the entrance counter directed us. We rushed up the stairs and finally made it to the floor. Another nurse was already there. She looked as surprised and shocked as we were.
  "Where's she?" Marcus asked. The nurse didn't move. She didn't reply either. She just stared.
"How the hell did a patient go missing in a matter of hours?!" Marcus was screaming now. I just baked against a wall.
"S-she was h-h-here" the nurse stuttered like she'd seen a ghost. I breathed in,then out. Calmly,
"Did anybody come visit her?" I asked.
"I-I don't know " the nurse was looking down. Something was wrong,and she definitely knew something. Marcus cussed under his breathe,tried to remain calm,then turned to her.
"If you don't talk now madam, believe me jail's the last place you wanna be!" Marcus threatened.
"Did she have any visitors?" I asked again. The nurse slowly raised her head,and nodded. Then,she started crying. Damn! Some people really were emotional!
"Who?" I asked again. " He said he'd kill me if I told anyone!" She was sobbing. what the fuck! I cussed silently. "Who?!" Marcus yelled.
" I don't know his name---" she sobbed again. " She just came in here a-and took her away!" She added.
"When?! How?! Where did he go?!" Marcus's questions came one after the other. "He wore a scrub, and had this weird tattoos on his body" she shuddered. Ohh,tattoo guy.
"Where did he go?" I asked. " There's a staircase at the back.it goes from this floor into the garage" she told us. "It's usually locked,so we don't use it often". Locks wouldn't be much of a big deal for the guy.
"So,it leads to the parking lot?" Marcus confirmed. She nodded. He walked out of the room. I turned to face the woman. "Any other thing you noticed?" I asked.
" How did he get her body out of this room?" I asked.
" He had another bed with him" she answered. Bed?? She pointed to the wheels under the bed where Selena had previously been. Ohh,wheely beds!
"Did anybody assist him?" I asked. She shook her head.
"How come you're the only one on this floor?" I asked again.
"I'm doing evening duty on this wing, and most of the other nurses are attending professor Anorld's scrub party. So nurses did party,nice.
"You didn't go?" More like a statement,than a question, either way.
"Yeahh, I didn't feel like---" she turned to look at me. She figured I wasn't really buying her story.
"Parties are not my thing" she added. Weird again. "Okay" I just said. Marcus ran into the room.
"Did you find him?" Marcus was panting fast.
"No" he answered. He looked at the nurse.
"What's your name?" He asked. "Wendall Rowe" she smiled a bit. "Just call me Wendy" she said.
"Ehm,Wendy, where's the security room?" Marcus asked. "On the second floor from the top" she answered. Marcus rushed out of the room. I went after him.
"Thanks" before I left.

We got to the floor of the security room on time. The floor also looked empty. Marcus was walking very fast,and I tried as hell to keep-up.
The security room and the IT room were the only rooms on that floor. It was easy finding it since a burly guy sat at the entrance.
"Hey there" the burly guy was walking towards us. "What do you want?" He asked. He bit into the hamburger he'd been eating earlier. "This floor is restricted to only some personnels" emphasis on the personnels.
"We'd like to get a footage of Room 104 and the parking lot " Marcus spoke quickly.
"The nurse, wendall Rowe directed us here" I told him. "----the security room,I mean.
" We ain't got no employee named wendall here " the man continued munching his burger .
"What the---" I cussed.
" I'm from the SPD" Marcus showed his badge. The man collected the badge and looked at it with scrutiny. "All ye cops be disturbing us" he let us in.
Marcus went to meet one of the security officers in charge. A large TV-like frame covered about half the room.
"Marcus Taser,SPD" Marcus showed his badge. All this showing badges,and I didn't even have mine yet. Sighs. "What do you want mister?" The security guy asked.
"I'd like to get footage of Room 104 and the parking lot about an hour ago" Marcus cut to the chase.
" You cops playing with me!" The security guy was almost shouting. I tensed. Same with Marcus.
"One of your guys just came in not long ago and requested the same thing" the man started.
"He wore cops uniform like you guys" the mad added. I turned to face marcus. He did the same,and almost together, we had the same thought.
Someone really was screwing us over!