chapter one.

S K E P P Y

as i stared at the tweet in awe, i could feel my mood drain quickly. how could this happen? why on earth did badboyhalo and quackity just meet up? how is it fair that quackity got to meet bad first, instead of me? i'm his bestfriend, not this mexican dipshit. that's not fair.

the tweet was posted on quackity's account and included a selfie of the two boys hugging. but thats not what enraged me — okay well it did, but in this moment i was more focused on the caption.

'guess j finally managed to steal @skeppy 's man. sorry dude!'

my eyes flickered with anger as i exited the app and rushed to call bad in a state of denial. surely this was fake, it must've been photoshopped. bad hadn't told me about any of this, this isn't true. i refuse to believe it.

"bad!" i shout into the phone after realising the boy answered the call.
"hi geppy." bad said in his usual cheery voice, which made all of my anger evaporated instantly. every word he said rolled off the tongue perfectly, he was perfect.

"skepster!" an uninvited voice shouted from the background, and my mood instantly soured once again.
"so it's true then?" i asked, ignoring quackity's greeting. it's not that me and q weren't friends, we are. but quackity knew how badly i wanted to meet bad before anyone else, and he went against that and met him! what a cunt.

"what is?" bad asked, clearly oblivious. i didn't understand how bad was so okay with all this!
"you met up with him before me." i stated, almost as if it was obvious.
"oh skeppy don't be ridiculous, we are going to meet up in less than two weeks! i'll see you in no time." bad said in an attempt to lighten my mood, but it wasn't working.

"i knew he'd be jealous." there goes that frustrating voice again.
"fuck off, quackity." i spat angrily, then pulling the phone down from my ear to hang up the call, but not before hearing my best friend scream "languge!" at me.

i rolled my eyes, what cunts. both of them. i shoved my phone on my bed as i stood up and made my way downstairs. sometimes i hated living alone, it was so isolating since i could barely leave my house.

sometimes i hated being famous, i hated the paparazzi, i hated the feeling of being trapped, i hated having no freedom to do what i wanted. i hated all of it. there are some days i wish i never got into content creating, but then i quickly remind myself thats bullshit.

i love my job. i love the fans, the adrenaline i get when a video blows up, the meet and greets and all the attention. i just wish my boundaries were accepted by everyone too, but i know they weren't. some people can be viscous and will do whatever they want for a picture, and it makes me so uncomfortable.

but, i always just play it off with a laugh. that's the part i've been given in this story.

i was snapped out of my daze at the sound of my ringtone. a part of me was hoping it was bad calling to apologise and say he had made a big mistake, but an even bigger part of me knew that wasn't going to happen.

i read my phone screen to realise it wasn't bad calling me, but it was dream.
"yo, whats up?" i said calmly, pulling the phone up to my ear.
"skeppy do you wanna hop on the smp? we can do a chill stream." dream offered. "i figured you'll be feeling pretty alone right now — cause of bad and q meeting up and all."
"so you get it? you get why i'm annoyed?" skeppy said in a sigh, thankful someone understood why this pissed me off.

"yeah of course, i would feel the same if someone met up with sapnap before me." dream said, almost as if it was obvious to be affected by this meet up.
"yeah, exactly. anyway, sure i'll log on. give me 5." i said before hanging up the phone and gently strolling to my computer to load up minecraft.

i'm glad someone understood why this bothered me, it made me feel a little less crazy. of course i wanted to meet bad first, he was my best friend. he is mine.

i entered dream's call on discord, and we greeted eachother before we joined the dream smp.

"and i'm live... now." he stated, and then asked chat how they were doing and what not.
"hi chat." i smiled at the attention, i was watching dream's chat and the majority were spamming my name. i never knew if they were spamming it cause they were excited to see me, or because they hated me. either way, i loved the validation.

"i'm on my way to yours and bads house, skeppy. then we can do a q&a." dream said.
"alrighty." i shrugged, not really wanting to do that because i knew someone was going to ask about the quackity and bad meetup.

"hi!" dream said cheerily in that sweet voice as he jumped infront of my minecraft character. i flinched with surprised but greeted him nonetheless.

"so! first question." dream said before going silent, i assumed he was reading the chat. i ran around in mine and bad's house while i waited for the question.
"skeppy, laurie says whats your favourite minecraft block?" dream asked.
"isn't it obvious? sand. i love sand." i grinned with a light chuckle. "whats yours?"
"...hardened clay." he mumbled, and then we both burst out laughing at his stupid joke.

"skep, why is your minecraft character a diamond block? says ethan."
"i honestly don't know." i responded honestly, "i just like the blue i guess."
"is that your favourite colour?" dream asked.
"yeah, is yours green?" i asked while hitting his character with a block of sand.

"actually, no. its blue." he said, and then started laughing again. i assumed green was his favourite colour, after all he is literally known as a green blob. we continued the q&a for a bit, until the question i had been dreading came up.

"skeppy, amelia asks what are your thoughts on quackity meeting bad before you?" dream asked, and then froze. i assumed he didn't read the question in his head before reading it aloud. this is awkward.

"uh—" i mumbled. "obviously i'm a bit jealous, but i'm sure i'll meet bad soon enough." i responded, but my tone came off slightly hostile which i didn't plan.
"fair enough." dream awkwardly responded before rushing onto the next question.

i just want to meet bad, is that so much to ask?