Chapter 5-Family celebration

Lola's pov:

We were still watching mikael , watching his every move then an amazing idea popped into my head. I wiggled in uncle nik's arms and fell to the floor, landing on my cushioned butt. "What is she doing?" Daddy asked not being able to fully understand what I was doing. I reached the door and sat upright reaching for mikael to pick me up to see if I could trust him. Everyone else looked shocked whilst mikael lifted me gently into his arms in a caring manner."Hello little one." He said and I giggled as he tickled me with a genuine smile on his face. My family looked at us and genuine smiles begun to spread across their faces. "Mikael please come in." Daddy said surprising us all while mikael sent him a smile full of gratitude. He walked over to uncle nik and handed me back to him. "You have all changed so much because of this beautiful little girl and for that I am very proud of all of you." This caused the adults to have tears spring in their eyes as they had never heard their father say he was genuinely proud of them. I clapped happily causing all the adults to chuckle and smile at me. "Well since this is a lovely family reunion I say we should celebrate tonight, how about a ball?" Daddy suggested looking at everyone else for approval. They all nodded and mummy came into the room with a massive grin on her face whilst she walked over to daddy. "I think that's an excellent idea babe." Mummy said as he embraced her pulling her closer to him by her waist. "Nik." I said trying to get his attention. He looked down at me as I said his name and I pointed to everyones clothes. "Oh right, what lola is trying to say is that we cannot have a ball looking like this so I'll send for a taylor to fit the suits for the men and rebekah is going to take the ladies dress shopping. Does that sound good to all of you?" Uncle nik said waiting for everyone's input on the decision. "Splendid idea niklaus, that sounds absolutely perfect." Uncle eli said and with that we all went to getting ready and sending invitations to all our friends. Auntie bekah took us shopping and we all chose beautiful dresses to wear. I chose a violet puffy skirted dress with a violet ribbon bow that you have to tie up in the back whilst mummy chose a vibrant firey red off the shoulder dress that goes in at the waist and puffs out at the bottom of the skirt. Hayley chose a navy blue strapless dress with a medium length skirt, hope chose a pastel purple strapless dress with gems along the waistline and a floor length puffy skirt. Rebekah picked a ombre strapless dress, that goes from baby blue to pastel purple, that has gems on the waistline and on the bodice. Last but not least freya chose a forest green off the shoulder dress that was similar to mummy's except instead of being puffy at the bottom of the skirt the dress puffed out from the waist down. After everyone was happy with their dress, we payed and drove home to get ready. Once we reached the mansion, everyone fanned out and went to their separate rooms to get ready. Mummy did my hair half up half down curled at the tips, hers was similar to mine as she had a braid at the top leading into half up half down with the tips of her hair curled. She then helped me slip into my dress and slipped on her own she set me down on the floor whilst she did her makeup. When she had finished she came over to me and put a pair of small white frilly socks on my tiny feet accompanied by a pair of small violet shoes that had bows on the straps, then she slipped on a pair of blood-red heels. She picked me up and walked down the hallway waiting for all the guests to arrive and waiting to be introduced to everyone who didn't know who we were. The rest of our family was lined up on the stairs of the mansion as daddy was stood at the top. He cleared his throat and began his speech. "Hello and good evening as you all may know I am kol mikaelson. Our family has invited you all here tonight to celebrate as we have been reunited with our father for the first time in years. We have also gathered here tonight to celebrate two new members of our family. So without further ado I would like to introduce you all to my girlfriend davina and our daughter lola mikaelson." We walked towards daddy until we were standing right next to him. I heard a lot of gasps until everyone burst in a chorus of claps and cheers. We then traded places with grandpa as he came to the top of the stairs a champagne glass in hand. "Welcome everyone wait staff will be coming round momentarily with champagne as I speak and I would like you all to raise your glass in a toast to love, family and the precious life we have been gifted. May we live in peace and with a loving family to support and guide us. Cheers!" A chorus of cheers came from the crowd as they all raised their classes. Uncle eli then went to the top of the stairs to make an announcement. "Hello everyone, if you could joins us in the ballroom to carry out our family tradition that would be lovely. Tonight the dance we have picked is a traditional waltz and we would love for you all to participate. Thank you all for coming." With that we made our way to the ballroom along with all of the guests. I was taken from mummy, looking up I saw daddy, who had his signature smirk on his face. He walked over to the dance floor and the music began to play as we danced. Soon it was time to swap partners and I was passed to uncle eli. We danced and danced until it was time to swap again. I then danced with uncle nik, we swapped for the last time and I landed into grandpa's arms. We danced until the music stopped then grandpa passed me over to daddy. I soon started to get fussy and kept whining in daddy's arms. "What's the matter darling?" He asked me but I didn't reply and tears streamed down my cheeks. He started bouncing me on his hip and made his way over to my aunts and uncles. "Brothers, sisters we may have a small problem." He said pointing to me, they all looked towards me and so did all the guests. I started to get overwhelmed by all the stares and started having a panic attack. Uncle eli took me from daddy as uncle nik and grandpa started dismissing the guests to make their way home. The mystic falls gang came over to see why they were sending everyone home until they realised me. Uncle eli kept shushing me saying it was okay swaying me on his hip being as gentle and reassuring as possible. My breathing continued to sky rocket and I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. "No sweetheart I need you to keep your eyes open for me okay, keep your eyes open." Uncle eli said urging me to keep my eyes open. I was then ripped from his arms and pulled into steffie's. He bounced me as I cuddled into him calming down slowly. My eyes began opening up further and further until they were fully open and my breathing had evened out after a while. Once I had fully calmed down, I was passed back to daddy who pulled me tightly but gently into his chest hugging me close to him. I snuggled into him and soon started to get tired. My eyes began to get droopy and I begun to have trouble staying awake until I finally fell asleep in my daddy's arms.