Part 12

a/n: going to give credit to @melrose327 for the idea for this chapter, i had a lot of fun writing this so enjoy:)

warnings: reader being pregnant, crying, panic attack(I will put a trigger warning before it happens, if you do not feel comfortable reading it), mentions of self harm, blood, gun violence, coma trauma, mention of mafia lifestyle and drugs. (let me know if i missed anything)

~a year later

You waddled down the stairs carrying your 18 month old son, Toby, while also now being 5 months pregnant with your daughter. Toby was finally talking, not a lot of words but he was your big boy. "What should we have for dinner buddy?" You walked into the kitchen putting him in his highchair and strapping him in.

"Eat chick." Toby giggled as he hit his hands on the tray.

"Chicken again?" You looked at him and giggled, "How about pizza and fries?"

"Ezza! Ezza momma!" he nodded and giggled banging his hands on the tray. 

"Pizza it is then! Do you want juice?" you opened the fridge and grabbed the box of pizza and bag of fries putting them on the counter.

"Juice!!" he wiggled in his chair, "Juice momma!" he whined making grabby hands at you. You hand him his sippy cup filled with juice as you preheated the oven, getting the trays from the cabinet and lining them up with foil. The oven beeped and you put the pizza and fries in, setting a timer to know when they are ready.

"Alright my little munchkin, do you want strawberries or-..." You heard a loud bang and you gasped as you felt pain in your right shoulder, then two more loud shots and you were in complete darkness. 

...

Vinnie pulled into the driveway parking his car. He grabbed his lunch bag and walked to the front door and froze, hearing a loud alarm going and Toby crying. He quickly unlocked the door, dropping his bag on floor and running to the kitchen, "Y/n?! Toby?!" He ran into the kitchen and saw a bunch of smoke coming from the oven, Toby crying in his high chair and you on the floor in a puddle of your blood. "No!" He ran over to you and got on his knees pulling you into his lap and checking for a pulse in your neck, he could feel a faint one. "Baby! Baby wake up!" he shook you and then looked down at your growing belly and pulled up your shirt and noticing no gunshot wounds on your stomach, "Thank god!" he said to himself. He noticed one in your shoulder, and one that looked like it grazed the side of your head. "Fuck!" 

"What happened!?" Jack said as he ran into the kitchen and looked at the two of you on the floor, "Oh fuck..."

"Call 911 Jack!"

Vinnie was in the waiting room of the hospital pacing back and forth while Jack and Maria were there as well. Maria was holding Toby as he was sleeping on her. A police officer walks into the waiting room and looks at Vinnie, "Mr. Hacker can you explain to us what happened there tonight?" 

Vinnie looked at him, "I-I don't know, I just came home from work and I found her like that. Is she going to be okay? Please tell me her and my daughter are going to be okay." He started to panic a little.

"They found three gun shot wounds on her, one to her right shoulder that went clean through, one on the side of her head, it grazed her and one on her right side on her rib cage that thankful grazed her as well. Clearly whoever did this, doesn't have good aim." The officer said.

(trigger warning: panic attack)

Vinnie started to panic, his breathing started to pick up, his face turning red as he sat down in the chair next to Jack. "Relax Vin, she'll be fine." Jack rubbed his back to try to get him to relax.