Chapter 22

WARNING: This chapter contains acts of Kidnapping and Violence. You have been warned!

----------

The next morning came around fast and bright. Sophia was awoken by Valerie rushing her to get breakfast so the ball preparations could start.

Tyler had his own business to deal with. He had all sorts of preparations around the castle to do and make sure everything was adequately made. He also had preparations for the arrival of the King and Queen of Whitestone and their Prince.

Nikki and Rowen help Ren with his own preparations and try to arrange the rumored arrival of their King-to-be. He has been out around Greenwind, making sure all villages and counselors are in agreement. They haven't seen him in months.

When he discovered the truth behind the war years ago, he started pressing down more on his own counselors when his parents passed away. He had to ensure he didn't fall into the same trap as the late King Stefan.

The castle was buzzing with workers and guests from all kinds of places. Some nobles have decided to come earlier to pay their respects and look around Rose before the party.

~~~~~~

"What do you mean I can't roam around? Am I supposed to sit here all day?" Sophia complains about the news Valerie tells her.

"Just for now, till the preparations are over. The castle is filled with nobles unless you want to keep greeting someone at every corner." Valerie finishes brushing her hair.

"I don't mind. I don't want to stay in my room all day. I already have to be all posh and greet everyone again at the ball." she says, pulling her hair up in a ponytail.

"Sophia, let your hair down. You don't want it to bend for tonight." Valerie goes to untie her hair, but Sophia runs away.

"My hair is soft; it won't bend. There are hours left till the ball; I don't want it down on my face all day." she complains again, and before Valerie gets to her, she runs to the door. "I'll see you an hour before the ball, okay bye!" she rushes and escapes from the room before Valerie can stop her.

~~~~~~

One thing Sophia will admit is that Valerie was right. The castle was in a whole different environment. No one was walking around; everyone was rushing from point A to point B without wasting time.

She could already see some nobles walking around the halls and talking among themselves; she tried to avoid as many as possible.

Everything is decorated, the pillars, the halls, the walls; even some trees are decorated with ribbons of all colors. The colors of Greenwind, of course, are Green, yellow, and pink.

It was beautiful; it almost made her look forward to the ball, but just almost.

Around late afternoon, after roaming around most of the castle. Sophia couldn't escape everyone, so she had to greet them. Of course, she heard the whispers about her unladylike outfit. Sophia was used to it, so she just ignored it. She decided to take a break in the garden.

When she got there, she saw two more nobles and recognized them. The Dudleys. Simply put, she didn't get along with them at all. They always believed they were worthy of a better life than a noble. They try to act, dress and do everything possible to pass for Royalty.

However, the Royal families are very well known.

Before she could escape, the couple turned around and called out when they noticed her. She did think of ignoring them or throwing an excuse like she was late, but another person with them made her freeze in her place.