One

'CLINK' 'CLINK!' 'CLANK!' Monarch and Ladybug clashed weapons. Him with his cane and her with her more often than not unlucky charm. Her powers had gifted her the pleasure of trying to defeat Monarch with a broom. A broom. It seemed like a joke due to the circumstances.

'All eyes are on me.' She thought as she could hear helicopters nearby. She assumed they belonged to Prime Time News or some other network trying to gain live exclusive footage of the fight of the lifetime. Ladybug VS Monarch. She could guess what the newscasters would say: "Who would prevail?"  "Was Paris to be saved or would Monarch win?"

Paris's beloved Angel, Ladybug had dark smears displayed on her face from the tumbles she took fighting amoks on the streets. Her uniform torn and her energy waning it looked as if the heroine, Ladybug was not going to be victorious. She refused to give in as she had a part to play and she had to see this show until the end.

She soon found her and Monarch at a slatemate. She tried to push forward but compared to him she didn't have the physical upper hand even with supernatural abilities. She needed to find a way to win. That was the whole point. Win. Save Paris.

Her partner, ChatNoir stuck with the far worse task of defending off the amok army with just a baton and his wits. No other Miraculouses to back him up. He could only do so little compared to Ladybug. He couldn't purify, he couldn't catch the Amoks for he might end up their next victim. He could only defend, crossing his fingers that she'd make everything okay.

ChatNoir was struggling to keep the citizens free from danger. They were priority according to the Hero's handbook but, it seemed like humans had the knack to put themselves in danger. If a tree falls don't walk the length just step to the side. Was that so hard? Abandon vehicles don't stay in them as the Amoks were easier to escape from on foot. He had thought people would know better after the load of PSAs on Akuma and Amok attacks. "I hate people." He mumbled as they unnecessarily made his job a lot harder.

"I told you I would not make this easy for you." Monarch grinned only an inch away from her face. He found it thrilling that his final battle was turning out to be an all out war.

Ladybug furrowed her mask-brow. He barely had sweat dripping down his face while she felt she was drenched. She whispered "~Then to return the favor I shouldn't make it easy for you." Her warm breath made his tension lessen.

He was not prepared for her to use THAT tactic not with the public watching. They had a deal to separate their hero lives from their personal lives. To separate Monarch and Ladybug from Gabriel Agreste and Marinette Dupain-Cheng. 
She smirked before pushing him back into a support beam of the Eiffel Tower. A great fall to his right as he blocked the broom handle and cane hovering centimeters above his throat.

He could have chosen to move her to let her work extra for the ending she desired. But he didn't mind being the one on the bottom, at least not in this situation. Her knee applied careful pressure as she didn't want to suffocate him but it had to look like they hated each other. They had to put on a show. A grand show and with all his work experience he was quite good in that department.

"Retract the Amoks!" She ordered as her hand laid tightly on the butterfly Miraculous.

"As you wish, My Lady~" He attempted to mimic the partner she seemed to have forgotten about. As she found the blue-eyed devil to be an exquisite dancer.

Ladybug glared at Monarch as he recalled his Amoks freeing her errand boy from his hard labor. As he needed to remember that she was the one in control. ChatNoir thought he would be relieved but instead he tried to head to the Eiffel Tower as quickly as he could ignoring everything and everyone else as nothing was more important than her. This was what he had always wanted, what prevented him from having his happily ever after.

"ChatNoir!" She smiled as she tied Monarch up loosely with her yo-yo.

She quickly attended to her Lucky Charm as she found out long ago there was a time restriction. She threw the broom up in the air yelling her signature catchphrase which caused the damage of the city to reset. As if nothing ever happened, the superior magic erasure.

She found herself being hugged tightly by ChatNoir soon afterwards. "We did it!" He yelled as he lifted her up in the air to celebrate their victory. "We finally did it!"

She laughed. "Yes we did!" She couldn't confess that all of this was staged, that she was working with Monarch and that there was a deal in place. She had found that she had become a pretty good liar in the nine years since she sported the honorable name Ladybug.

"It's all finally over." He said lowering her feet to the ground. He cuffed her cheek wanting nothing more than to get a reward for his hard work. He leaned in.

To her shock she found his lips on her's. Her eyes widened as she had no interest in pursuing ChatNoir romantically, not before or after Monarch's defeat. She pushed him forward, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her in for another. Her lips were something he yearned for and if this was the last time he was to taste something so sweet then so be it. He wanted to live in this moment as he knew she was going to come up with another excuse in why she couldn't be his. It was unfair.

He felt her pull away yet again but this time it wasn't her. Monarch had escaped his restraints and grabbed Ladybug, throwing her over his shoulder. He took a dive off the side of the Eiffel Tower with her as his damsel in distress. He had portal created by the Horse Miraculous, a handy tool when retreating.

ChatNoir jumped off reaching his hand out to grab Ladybug. He cursed himself as if he wasn't distracted by his emotions he could have easily prevented this. She held out her hand, their fingers nearly grazing each other. "LADYBUG!" He desperately screamed. He could have sworn that at the last possible moment when he could have saved her she retracted her hand. The portal closed. "LADYBUG!" "LADYBUG!" He shouted as he collapsed to the ground where the portal vanished in a puddle of both shame and guilt.