Three

*Warning: Smut

Gabriel looked at the dress that he found very tacky and frowned. "Miss Dupain-Cheng, this is clearly not the design I approved of."

"I realize that. Ms. Bourgeois had decided that this dress better suits her taste."

"And does this look like a Gabriel design? Or a Marinette design?"

She was taken back. He sounded like he was in a good mood until he laid eyes on her dress. 'Is my dress that bad?' She shook her head. Everyone had different opinions and taste and that's one of the reasons she got this job. She had a fresh eye.

"Sir, you let me have the responsibility of making these small decisions for the company."

"If you are so confident in your decision making then why did you need a consultant?"

"Because Ms. Bourgeois specially requested her Uncle Gabriel." She unintentionally mocked him. She immediately regretted it as he crossed his arms and leaned his head back.

Gabriel's nose wrinkled at that title coming out of Marinette's mouth. He quickly dismissed Chloe. "Miss Bourgeois please exit, I have a few words I would like to exchange with YOUR designer."

Chloe grabbed her clothes and assumed that she would just leave the dress with the downstair's secretary. She had only ever heard her Uncle Gabriel use such a tone once and that was when Felix and Adrien were twelve and four playing with the Monae piano and proceeded to peel off the irreplaceable ivory on the keys. If it wasn't for Emilie, the Agreste boys would've spent the rest of their childhood in boarding school.

Marinette started to ramble hoping to make up for openly mocking the o-so great designer. "Mr. Agreste, I understand how this looks. I can assure you that I would have preferred if she had chosen the on brand dress but, I am not sacrificing her happiness for profit. She had chosen a dress that I was preparing for myself. She fell in love with it and it's extremely hard to please her so in hindsight I might have chosen the shortcut."

"Are you done trying to save your job? Because I do not appreciate being mocked in front of clients."

"I admit I went too far but I do believe that dress is better for her."

"May I remind you that this isn't your company. This is mine."

"Is it though? The Gabriel brand used to focus on uniqueness and making each person feel special even with the product lines, now it's just t-shirts and things with the logo slapped on it."

"You're not a businessman."

"I know enough that last year when we were actually making creative process you moved me into different departments and now your designs suck."

His face flushed red. She never knew he could get so loud, she was warned not to get on his bad side and here she was committing professional suicide.
"MY DESIGNS SUCK?! I ASSURE YOU THAT I HAVE BEEN AROUND LONGER THAN YOU. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE ME. YOU ARE MY EMPLOYEE AND ARE SUPPOSED TO OBEY NOT QUESTION MY ORDERS."

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANT. I'M DONE!" She started to shove her things into a bag. Her dream job was supposed to inspire, not stunt creative. She didn't know what had gotten into him. They used to work so well together, bouncing ideas off each other but here they were at each other's throats. 'No wonder nobody wants to work with him. He can be an righteous ass.'

Gabriel grabbed her arm and in that split decision decided to kiss her. The surprise caused her items to scatter to the floor. He had wanted to kiss her strawberry colored  lips ever since she became his apprentice a year ago. The ones that tormented him when she was frustrated, the ones that graced the end of a pencil when she was thinking, the same ones that insulted his work.